Thread: Paul Konerko

ERA
    Call NASA

White Sox Paul Konerko

I have always been of the opinion that the Reds kept the wrong firtstbaseman years ago, when Bowden let Paul Konerko go after just 53 plate appearances with the Reds.

Konerko has developed a fine career and has been more consistent than Sean Casey. Casey might be a nice guy, but he is going to be a nice guy who we cannot afford and he hasn't really even been that productive during his career with the aReds -- compared to Paul Konerko's output for the White Sox.

MLB ERA
    Konerko's career numbers:

.277 .344 .480 .824

Casey's career numbers:

.303 .369 .466 .835
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA
    yea looking at them numbers id rather have casey.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan30
    yea looking at them numbers id rather have casey.

I think most would rather have Casey.

Konerko has relied greatly on hitting HR throughout his career, and when he's not in a groove, he really seems to struggle.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

I would have liked to keep Konerko... but I guess he wanted to be a first baseman. He was a c/3b in the minors and with the Dodgers at the start of his career.

I think I have an autograph of his as a Dodger...and Abreu as an Astro (Amazing how such a great player got moved so easily. He was taken in the expansion draft by the D-Rays who then shipped him to Philly for a veteran IF (who has a notable name, but he wasn't that good).

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Konerko over Casey? Are you kidding me? No way and now how. Casey not productive? He was our best hitter last year, and he cannot be stopped at the plate once he gets it going. Konerko is good, but he is no Casey.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Konerko over Casey? Are you kidding me? No way and now how. Casey not productive? He was our best hitter last year, and he cannot be stopped at the plate once he gets it going. Konerko is good, but he is no Casey.
    Somebody's been watching the Wizard of Oz. For the record, I love that movie, the wife goes bonkers over it.