Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Zach Ward traded for Kyle Lohse

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    thanks for taking Lohse!! Finally the baseball gods listened to me Hell I would have taken alot less for him. Good luck with the failure Lohse!
    Wayne K enjoys starting off every busy day with a delicious bowl of "Twins Rejects." It's the only way he can start his day. And mom's know that by giving their kids "Twins Rejects" they'll be getting a healthy amount of nostalgia and comfort for days long gone by.

(This is a rep worthy post people.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Webb would be an extremely perfect addition to this team. The thing is, we have to find out if we have a slight chance at all to land him. What are these sources saying and are the Reds involved at all.

I agree with mission here and would give up Bailey for him. As for Schmidt, I would like to have him, but not at that price.

MLB ERA
    Anyone wanting the Webb scoop just needs to look in other areas. That's all I'm saying. It's not my job to describe exactly what was said by a reputable individual in another area.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA
    Hell Yes I would give up Bailey for Webb, Webb is the perfect pitcher for us, he is from around here and he is a ground ball pitcher

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Anyone wanting the Webb scoop just needs to look in other areas. That's all I'm saying. It's not my job to describe exactly what was said by a reputable individual in another area.
    lol. Okay.

What the **** is this? Ward was domination for the Dragons, why give up ANYTHING of value for Kyle Lohse? Krivsky this move is idiotic..

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I saw the source on another site, who claims Webb has been shopped with several scouts scouting him. It's a trusted source and the demands he listed in one of his post "Brandon Webb is available from the D-Backs but they want an equal starter and a LH reliever in return PLUS a AA prospect." I am not taking credit for any of that as that is his info, I am just passing it along of what CRF mentioned.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun21
    What the **** is this? Ward was domination for the Dragons, why give up ANYTHING of value for Kyle Lohse? Krivsky this move is idiotic..
    Ward seemed like a sleeper prospect to me, one that could easily rise up to our top 10 with another solid year of development. Did you feel the same way?

He's not even a sleeper...he's friggin' dominating the MWL right now.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...pbp&pid=458705

WHIP under one with a nice K rate...ridiculous.

MLB ERA
    I can't wait to watch Milton and Claussen give up 4 or more ER for the rest of the year! That will be so exciting!
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I thought they were holding him back in A to let him dominate, raise his value and use him as a real piece. Instead we got Lohse for him.

This ex-Twins stuff is going overboard. We should of got Lohse for a lot less than one of better pitching prospects (I would place Ward at 5.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I can't wait to watch Milton and Claussen give up 4 or more ER for the rest of the year! That will be so exciting!
    At least Milton can occasionally string together a respectable start. Claussen has looked like releasable material in nearly every start he has.

MLB ERA
    I think it's nice that the Reds want Brandon Webb, but consider the price. If the D'Backs were to extract Arroyo (who would be the "equal" starter in return, the difference between the two pitchers couldn't be more than 2 or 3 wins over the course of a full season. The alternative is to trade what little farm the Reds have left, and probably Encarnacion, since he's the only Red with an upside left in his career. You'd have a top rotation, and absolutely no offense around it.

MLB ERA
    I'd go the route of trading several players in the farm system. We should be able to add plenty of FA players every offseason from now on if we get this new TV deal and Castellini does what he says he's going to do in making the Reds a good team since he wants to bring "Championship baseball back to Cincinnati."

Go for the Gold or go home. Take your pick, Reds.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I would do a Bailey for Webb deal, but that's about it. And I don't think anyone has said the Reds have been mentioned in connection with Webb, just that Reds fans would obviously like a top-notch starter and he's on the block with that supposed asking price. If he's traded, I doubt it's to the Reds.

As for the farm, the Reds didn't have much to start with and they haven't given much away. Ward is the only noteable player to be traded as Germano doesn't thrill me and Wagner is garbage.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast