Thread: Hatteberg signs with Reds through 2007

MLB ERA

Hatteberg signs with Reds through 2007

Hatteberg signed through '07

HOUSTON -- Scott Hatteberg and the Reds have agreed to terms on a $1.5 million contract for 2007 that also includes a club option for 2008.

Hatteberg is making a base salary of $750,000 this year, plus up to $250,000 in bonuses based on plate appearances.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    I have no problems with resigning Hatteberg he's been one of our more consistant hitters this year. 1.5 mil isnt budget busting either.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Considering that Hatteberg's actually hitting well, it's not bad.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It may be a fluke year, but considering his performance (his OPS is higher than Dunn's, and Dunn's been hitting great the past few weeks) and that sexy plus .400 OBP, I can dig it at that price. I was actually going to ask what Hatteberg would get from us or another team this offseason if he continued on this path. 1.5 mil is a steal IMO and hopefully that means we'll grace Votto into that spot towards the end of 2007 (as I think Hatteberg could teach Votto quite a bit given their similarities other than Votto's massive power in comparison.)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If Narron would use the situation correctly, this could be a good solution. Aurilia and Hatteberg next year as a strict platoon (I don't think Aurilia is signed for next season, but given Narron's attitude on him, I can't see him going elsewhere.)

Code:
    SPLIT 	AB 	R 	H 	2B 	3B 	HR 	RBI 	BB 	HBP 	SO 	SB 	CS 	AVG 	OBP 	SLG 	OPS
    vs. Left 94	20	32	9	0	8	19	12	0	10	1	0	.340	.407	.691	1.099
    vs. Right 223	37	76	18	0	8	27	37	0	13	0	2	.341	.431	.529	.960
    Aurilia's 2006 vs lefties and Hatteberg's 2006 vs righties... if Narron used that all next season, that could be downright sexy. Of course Edwin will be on the bench or worse, but I can dream.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Great sigining! I love that he came up a lot cheaper than expected. I have developed tremendous respect for Hatteberg this season as he has made it sort of easy to not miss Casey quite as much. Hatteberg is hitting the ball very nicely, he is taking his walks and is not making too many mistakes on the defensive end of the diamond. I was hoping we could have him for one more season as we await Votto's call. Nice!