Thread: Enough with this Homer Bailey callup crap!!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Enough with this Homer Bailey callup crap!!!

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...50379/1062/SPT

I am sick and tired of this. He needs to stay in the minors longer to work on his other pitches. He will get destroyed in the majors right now. He uses his fastball way too much to be effective up here.

If the Reds feel the need to call him up somewhere, then call him up to Louisville, but not the big club.
    rf28

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Keep him in AA I believe. I really don't understand the media's fascination with ruining our first legitimate pitching prospect in how many years? Wait a year and he could come up to anchor this staff, send him up now (before he has matured as a pitcher) and watch him form bad habits and possibly blow up his confidence. He needs to work on his secondary pitches like you mentioned and just mature as a pitcher. He has already made leaps over his previous efforts, why ask for anymore this soon?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    As I am growing in my fandomly wisdom over the years I realize that the media is simply retarted. They see the picture as a whole for the present. We, as fans, can see the big picture though. If you call him up now, you may as well call him the starting version of Ryan Wagner.

He may be awesome for us for this season. But by next year, he would suck as teams would have him figured out. I guess we could get a middle reliever or two for him if we packaged say an Adam Dunn with him though.