Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Game 93: Rockies @ Reds

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    You can't kill this team, apparently. They are like the Road Runner. They just won't go down.
    rf28

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    MVP: Dunn.

He is really starting to turn it up as of late. After a big one-sided trade and a losing streak, having a 4 game sweep and winning a few late versus losing them early has to be a big emotional boost.

MLB ERA
    It's been reported by some that Dunn had a "talking to" that must have been pretty intense prior to Kearns being traded but that Kearns/Dunn needed to be separated in the minds of some because of the work ethic issues they caused each other.

I'm starting to think there was even more to the trade than meets the eye(not that I hate the trade like most do). Clayton is still the biggest issue, IMO.

I am also getting more and more of a feeling that Castellini is going to allow us to spend a decent amount in the offseason. As I've said for a bit here, I don't think we will become anything like the Yankees, but I do think he will allow us to "replace" pieces like the hole caused with Lopez being gone more easily based on the amount of money he will allow to be spent.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The face that we gave Dunn a pretty big contract without much hesitation nor rumors of him being traded this season does speak a lot about RCast in my opinion. There could be some interesting pieces on the FA market this year, so we'll see what happens.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, I agree.

I'm really starting to believe that the team is less concerned about possibly "giving up more than they should" to acquire needs than in the past, because I think Castellini is willing to replace missing parts at nearly free will.

And I know some are saying "but they gave up more than they got in return."

That may be true, but they filled needs and I don't think they downgraded the offense as much as some think(although I do think they did).

If I truly believed we were going to lose payroll or Cast wasn't going to allow additions, I wouldn't like the move as much, but you have more room to "address needs" while giving up some if you have more money flexibility.

I have also read that we offered Kearns to the Padres for Linebrink and that the Padres refused the deal. I think that says a lot about the relief trade market and there is no question we needed pen upgrades. Castellini has said along he won't be content until we win and he seems to be living true to his word, even if we had to sacrifice some talent in the process.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Gotta love the 2 game lead in the WC now after a 4-0 start to 2nd half. The only bright side to St. Louis' start is that it at least knocks the Dodgers back some. Just gotta keep on getting W's the rest will take care of itself.

Like I said about the White Sox last year, Good teams worry about the speed bumps ahead Great teams never take their eye off the prize. The story of this team will be written when there are some speed bumps ahead.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789