Thread: Edwin sat last night because of error night before?

MLB ERA

Edwin sat last night because of error night before?

Reds notebook
    Narron not platooning; Lopez just given a rest

BY JOHN FAY | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

ATLANTA - It looks like a platoon. But Reds manager Jerry Narron says it's not. "Not at all," in fact.

Juan Castro started at shortstop Friday, which marked the fourth time in 12 games Castro started at short instead of Felipe Lopez against a left-hander

The Atlanta Braves were throwing left-hander Horacio Ramirez. Lopez, a switch hitter, is hitting .209 against left-handers and .286 against right-handers.

Lopez started all but three games at short before Castro arrived.

"It's just a day off for Felipe with the grind we're going through," Narron said.

Lopez had two hits in his last 18 at-bats, going into Friday.

The other factor was getting Castro a start.

"If he didn't start today, he wasn't going to start for 10 or 11 days," Narron said, referencing next week's All-Star break.

Defense is also part of the equation. Castro is probably the best shortstop and third baseman on the roster in that regard.

Ryan Freel got the start at third over Edwin Encarnacion. Encarnacion made an error Thursday - his 15th of the season - that led to an unearned run in what turned out to be a one-run game.

"We've got to do the little things," Narron said. "We were down four. It didn't seem big at the time, but it turned out to be a big run."
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    The other factor was getting Castro a start.

"If he didn't start today, he wasn't going to start for 10 or 11 days," Narron said, referencing next week's All-Star break.

And you act like that's a bad thing, Jerry? He should not start very often at all.

Ryan Freel got the start at third over Edwin Encarnacion. Encarnacion made an error Thursday - his 15th of the season - that led to an unearned run in what turned out to be a one-run game.

"We've got to do the little things," Narron said. "We were down four. It didn't seem big at the time, but it turned out to be a big run."

The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yes, it's Encarnacion's fault we lost. So we often keep running the same junk out from the pen, time after time, but a guy back in his first MLB game in a few weeks gets punished for that? Way to go Narron, let's show those young players how we don't appreciate them.

MLB ERA
    Someone please tell me why they resigned him (Narron)? I know our pen has been gah awful this year but everytime Narron had a chance he ran Rick White and the old farts out there to get shelled and cost us games.

I wish he'd start implementing that policy towards the pen maybe some of them will start to pay attention.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    The double standards espoused by Narron are incredibly pathetic.

Rich has made a few bad throws from 3B and you almost never see him sitting the next game out.

It's really pretty sad actually.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Narron's douchebag-ness is astounding.
    rf28

I really do hate how Narron is dealing with Edwin.

AAA ERA
    I agree, there's no way Edwin should have sat out last night. He's young, he's going to make error's Jerry.

AAA ERA
    again like I knew Narron would end up being like Miley.. its a joke, this organization really needs to pay for a good manager.. if nothing just to shut the fans up.. we have always been able to jaw on the manager cause we have had worthless managers.. if we had a big name manager fans would say, well he has won in the past so he knows what he is doing, instead we get these punks so we treat them like punks.. IMO i haven't liked a manager we have had since Davey Johnson.