Edgar Renteria SS Series .313 9 35
    Chipper Jones 3B Series .309 11 50
    Andruw Jones CF Series .271 19 72
    Brian McCann C Series .342 6 28
    Jeff Francoeur RF Series .260 16 62
    Adam LaRoche 1B Series .255 13 43
    Ryan Langerhans LF Series .243 6 19
    John Thomson P Series .267 0 4

The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    can someone please hit Narron over the head with a frying pan and fix this awful mess? One- Two games alright but this is getting STUPID from the king of STUPID lineups.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

AAA ERA
    I really don't understand why Griffey needs a day off. I mean he had 5 innings off Friday night and he's about to have 3 days off for AS break. What's the dealio?

Yeah, this is ridiculous. Why is Edwin sitting and why is Griffey not playing?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I am getting so tired of this pen and of Narron that it's becoming a chore to even want to watch this team.

What's next, Narron's going to call in some goons to take Ed E out back if he fails to drive the winning run in with two outs (because the loss of course is ENTIRELY his responsibility.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Narron is so gay. He gives man love to Aurilia, Hatteberg, LaRue, and Weathers while he brow-beats Edwin for an error when this team is horrible defensively EVERYWHERE except maybe 2nd base. Junior didn't need the day off unless he's hurt and we don't know about it. I'm surprised DeWayne Wise hasn't started in the OF.

This is getting SOOOOO tiresome. Its painful to watch what should be a mildly successful team struggle because their manager is Bob Boone part 2. He better be thankful they already extended his deal.

I am disappointed with Krivsky right now as well. You can do much better than Guardado, Weathers, Mercker, and Yan.
    rf28

Rookie ERA
    Yan. he scares me, i remember one week he gave up 2 grand slams in a week! i mean come on wyane i know its progress with Everyday Eddie but you need to get on those phones..... I mean if the Reds stopped sucking theyd be in first......

MLB ERA
    I'm really glad I was at work and only heard a couple of small parts of this disaster during our breaks.

Arroyo is starting to regress to the mean a little bit, which isn't surprising considering the start he had. I hope is is sharp after the break.

I've heard a few mention elsewhere that they think all of the high-pitch count games Bronson threw earlier and the fact that Narron shuffled things to make sure he pitched today could be part of the problem.

Harang throwing 135 pitches night before was a bit ridiculous too. The team was already down a run or two and then Jerry left him in with over 120 pitches to give up more in the 8th? I mean, the pen is bad, but come on!

I was annoyed to see Freel leave the game injured. He is having an MRI tomorrow. I hope he is ready not too long after the break. I don't even WANT to see Narron's lineups without him around for an extended period of time.

I still can't get over the original lineup from today.

I can't take much more of Narron. The team is collapsing quickly. They need this break in a BIG way and better be ready on Thursday to come out firing or they will be buried in a hurry.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Rookie ERA
    Wyane needs to makes some deals...... whats out there for some pitching?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I didn't see the game either CRF, but I have to wonder what effect of nto having Ross was to Arroyo. He seems like a guy who can get a bit emotional and from all accounts, Ross just really helps him out be it mound visits or talking to him in the dugout. Obviously he seemed of been out of gas, but I have to wonder if perhaps he had his usual catcher if it wouldn't of been AS bad.

MLB ERA
    That is a good point, as his start before that wasn't as good either and LaRue was catching that one as well. They don't seem to be on the same page.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    So here is the thing to think about over the break.

-Narron is going to have to get his act together. I know I argued with you guys a bit about liking his extension, but he is starting to make me look real bad. With the EdE not starting thing, while I don't support it at all, I truly hope he is working extremely hard on making the routine throws from now on. If it were me, thats all I would be doing prior and after every game for at least a half hour each session.

- Next thing is Krivsky is going to have to be on the phones like crazy and just happen to miss the All-Star festivities. I have no doubt that he is busting his tail as we speak, but we have to hope that some kind of addition to the pen happens again and fast.

- Looks like the injury and fatigue bug is starting to hit this team as well. how many times have we seen this team near the top of the NLC standings and just fall apart after the break? It has happened a few times in recent memory. We can only hope that other teams are going to see the same effect, but these Reds already look like they are ready to implode. This rest surely can only help that and hopefully they can all relax a bit.

- I see absolutely no use for LaRue anymore. Its obvious that Ross is the better fit with our ace. Its obvious that Ross has the better bat. And its obvious that Valentin can still hold it down on days Ross needs a break. If we can get a good reliever for LaRue, you strike now!

Hopefully we see a rejuvenated team after the break that is ready to take on any team that sytands in their way. We have some ground to recover and we are going to have to strike fast. Can this team do it? Lets hope so...