Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reds vs Brew Crew (measure of Narron's lineup and the bullpen)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Bottom of the ninth: Lets go Coffey!

Castro in for the save at SS...

Weeks gets a leadoff basehit to CF. Danget! Come on Coffey

Hall off the RF wall again! Runner on 1st and 3rd with no outs! This SUCKS! Come on Coffey. Come on defense!

Jenkins gets a high pop up single between our two fastest fielders Freel and Felo. Tie game 7-7 no outs runners on 1st and 2nd for Lee.

Game over! I don't even want to talk about how. This bullpen SUCKS!

Damnit, now is not the time to sit idly Krivsky and Castellini. This team needs help now, waiting till July 31st is not gonna work.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yup, there might not even be a reason to trade for the pathetic bullpen if we get ourselves out of the race because of it.

MLB ERA
    As I said before, there is no reason for me to believe the team can stay in the race with that bullpen. It's terrible.

Narron's decision to PH Valentin instead of Ross was a bad one. Valentin rarely gives good AB as he swings at pretty much everything and I would have liked having Ross hit then instead. He might have walked and made it 1st and 2nd with 0 outs. The team could have scored more than one run in the 9th and changed the Bot. 9th situation. PH Valentin is never a good idea, but particularly against a pitcher like Turnbow, who is prone to having some control issues. He swings at everything regardless of location.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA
    We need Papelbon and Rivera.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    As I said before, there is no reason for me to believe the team can stay in the race with that bullpen. It's terrible.

Narron's decision to PH Valentin instead of Ross was a bad one. Valentin rarely gives good AB as he swings at pretty much everything and I would have liked having Ross hit then instead. He might have walked and made it 1st and 2nd with 0 outs. The team could have scored more than one run in the 9th and changed the Bot. 9th situation. PH Valentin is never a good idea, but particularly against a pitcher like Turnbow, who is prone to having some control issues. He swings at everything regardless of location.
    How was that the problem in the game? We still came back and took the lead and Valentin hit a frozen rope. Stop being nit picky about Narron, he's not the problem it's the friggin' bullpen.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I liked the fact that it was Valentin pinch hitting only because he has been able to come through with a long flyball when batting on the left side. And he was also the only option to use from the left side unless Narron went with McCracken. Whom, BTW, was in the on deck circle before Narron changed his mind to go with Valentin. We have to agree that it was far better to go with Valentin than Q.

But I also see your point CRF. Turnbow was not throwing strikes and Valentin does swing a lot. He found a pitch to hit and he hit it hard.

Now, I dont think CRF was being nit picky either as hr21 stated. He definitely has a point. I just think that Narron went with the lefty vs righty situation and felt comfortable with that matchup.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123