Thread: O'Brien call the Rangers now!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

O'Brien call the Rangers now!

Trade?

The Devil Rays got Scott Kazmir from the Mets for Victor Zambrano last year, so they're going to want John Danks for Baez. Or the Rangers can settle for Danny Graves from the Cincinnati Reds if they're willing to pay $6 million. Somebody might bite before July 31 if the situation worsens and the Reds fade from contention. Not the Rangers.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/baseball/11521703.htm

Come DanO give them a call and make this more than just a thought from a writer. Come on DanO!

MLB ERA
    ya i was watching the news and frank fransisco is out with TJ so they could definatly use someone in that area, graves would be a good setup guy for them/spot starter.

rangers also have 5 pitchers on the dl.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I would even pay 2 million of Graves salary and just give him to them. Then we would still have 4 mil to get someone with.

MLB ERA
    I'd give Graves away too. Addition by subtraction.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

the man still hasn't blown a save, let's not forget that. Also, in case you didn't notcie it, the litle blurb did mention that the reds will only be looking to deal Graves if the reds situation worsens, and this is absolutely true. If the reds are doing well, they aren't going to deal their closer, no matter how good wagner looks. So wishing for the reds to deal graves is wishing for the reds to fall apart, and i'm not looking for that to happen in late april.

Lets hope that danny pulls it together a little, gets some ground balls, and saves 50 this year. I honestly don't care how many runs danny gives up if he never blows a save.

And in this market, i don't think that we would be getting anyone better for 4 million in this market, i was just reading about how expensive relief pitchers are going to be this year because of the parity in the leagues.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    If he were only one run ahead in most of his save opportunities we would have lost many of them. But I am not wishing for a Reds losing season by any means. I am just thinking that we could deal Graves, have Wagner close because he is ready. Put either Valentine or Belisle in the Set up position and wait for Coffey to get ready for another call up.

Graves will suffice, but Wagner is more promising. Graves has not been good by any stretch of the imagination though. And maybe 4 million dollars could get us someone else in our bullpen.

I'm just saying that if someone wants him, do it.