Thread: Another Griffey to White Sox rumor

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Another Griffey to White Sox rumor

This time, CBS SportsLine reported that the Dayton Daily News was reporting another Griffey to White Sox rumor has surfaced, probably because they just got finished playing them.

IMO, Griffey doesn't make much sense for the White Sox. They have Thome as a DH and if they really wanted a CF, then why did they trade Rowand. Brian Anderson is their CF of the future.

It would make sense for the Reds, however. Of course, that would all depend on who we got in return.
    rf28

As of now, we are leading in the WC race.

So as long as we are contending, I can't see Junior being traded.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I agree with Cincy. I think a boost in the bullpen would be of great concern for now. Griffey could bring a solid SP type, but to trade him would be hurting the offense. Unless we could get someone young in return, I wouldn't do it for now.

But I would always try and see what the champs want.

MLB ERA
    Ugh, not again. Last summer, he would've been great as a DH. Now that Thome is here though, there's really no position for him. Besides, I'm sure the Reds, who are in contention right now, aren't going to be willing to trade him for prospects, and I doubt the White Sox are going to offer anything to anyone that would immediately help their ML team, unless maybe it's Josh Fields.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    New York Daily News columnist Bill Madden: "But those who know (Ken Griffey Jr.) best, know how much spending quality time with his family means to him now, doubt seriously he would approve a deal to the White Sox - the team most often mentioned in trade discussions because of their need for a center fielder - since they train in Tucson. On the other hand, the Yankees, one of the few teams who could afford to pick up his contract, are only an hour away in Tampa in the spring."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...p-361432c.html