Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Game 47: Reds vs. Brewers

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't be opposed to his demotion. The question would be who to bring up to replace him in the rotation.
    rf28

Last year Claussen got off to a slow start too.

I'm confused with all of this personal catching crap. But last year didn't Valentin catch Claussen for the most part?

I thought Milton and Harang were basically caught by Larue and Claussen and Ortiz were caught by Valentin.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    I wouldn't be opposed to his demotion. The question would be who to bring up to replace him in the rotation.
    After Dave Miley was fired, who seemed not to like him, he finished the year as our best pitcher.

Claussen number against teams other than the Brewers aren't bad.

MLB ERA
    He certainly has been worse against the Brewers than against pretty much anyone else over the last couple of years.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I just hate to see how he was touted as having a high nineties type fastball and the stuff to strike batters out. These days he is post surgery and is throwing 88. Thats not going to get it done for a young pitcher who is used to relying on his stuff.

I am not ready to give up on him either as I have very high hopes with lower expectations now days for him.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    High 90's? I don't think any media outlet claimed that (and if they were, they were mistaken.) But Claussen with worhking offspeed stuff and a 93-94 mph heater (which is what I heard he was throwing in Columbus) would be very effective. Claussen is destined for lefty relief work, a lot of people were saying that last year and I didn't want to hear it, but he just doesn't have the capacity to go 6 strong with his stuff on a consistent basis.

MLB ERA
    I think he could be a very effective reliever as he wouldn't get taxed as much and he'd be able to more effectively mix his pitches up and not get his less than stellar velocity exposed nearly as much.

We have to find someone to replace him in the rotation though. That's the tough part right now.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789