Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game 46: Brewers @ Reds 5/23 7:10 PM

MLB ERA
    The difference being Brandon Phillips is extremely talented while Lizard throws no pitch that would rate above "average" and doesn't have any upside to speak of. He goes to shit whenever he lets a guy on base (Don't believe me? Look up the stats), and as I said, he manages to put the team in a hole every time he starts. You can't rely on the offense to bail you out. His WHIP and ERC suggest that his actual ERA is significantly lower than what it should be and he hasn't looked dominant for a single at-bat all year. I'd say just about every solid major league starter is capable of going through a stretch where he's extremely tough to hit, but not Lizard. His ERA will regress, and when it does, I'll be here to rub it in your face.

No one says he's going to be elite, but it's friggin' ridiculous to think he can't be a back of the rotation guy. Especially considering you're giving up on a 23 year old.

MLB ERA
    You're acting like him being 23 is a good thing. If he was 27 and still pitching at a level similar to this one, I might think something more of it, but Lizard isn't gonna get any better than what he is now unless he injects some steroids or drinks Nolan Ryan's semen every day for breakfast.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    The difference being Brandon Phillips is extremely talented while Lizard throws no pitch that would rate above "average" and doesn't have any upside to speak of. He goes to shit whenever he lets a guy on base (Don't believe me? Look up the stats), and as I said, he manages to put the team in a hole every time he starts. You can't rely on the offense to bail you out. His WHIP and ERC suggest that his actual ERA is significantly lower than what it should be and he hasn't looked dominant for a single at-bat all year. I'd say just about every solid major league starter is capable of going through a stretch where he's extremely tough to hit, but not Lizard. His ERA will regress, and when it does, I'll be here to rub it in your face.
    UNTIL THEN PLEASE GET OFF HIS CASE!!! No one here ever said we had the next Greg Maddux, Jose Rijo in Elizardo. He was always assumed to be back of the rotation type guy that MOST TEAMS AND FANS would love to get the type of performances we have gotten out of Ramirez. Just look at Milwaukee and the Cubs, and imagine of their back of the rotation guys were pitching like Ramirez is how much better off theyd be.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Not much better, since they'd still be losing most of the time when he starts like we are.

He had one bad inning tonight. Against a pretty good offense in Milwaukee, what more do you want from the guy? Who do you suggest we have replace him? Justin Germano? LOL

MLB ERA
    Not much better, since they'd still be losing most of the time when he starts like we are.
    Chicago's Rotation:
    Hot Head Punk 3.53 ERA, 1.38 WHIP
    Maddux 3.76 ERA, 1.25 WHIP
    Marshall 5.29 ERA, 1.28 WHIP
    Rusch 7.31 ERA, 1.56 WHIP is 1-5
    Angel Guzman (4 GS) 7.00 ERA, 2.00 WHIP his record is 0-2, Cubs are 0-4 in his starts
    Rich Hill (4 GS) 9.31 ERA, 1.97 WHIP he was 0-4

You dont think that the Cubs would have liked to have someone perform like Ramirez did the past month while Wood was on the shelf?

You dont think Milwaukee would want that performance when they run Doug Davis and his 5.16 ERA, 1.63 WHIP out there. Dana Everland or Ben Hendrickson (And his 12 ERA). You dont think they would have done better with Elizardo's performance with Sheets on the DL?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Belisle would be nice.

And yes, I would prefer Germano. At least I haven't seen him suck yet.

MLB ERA
    Lizard's last three starts before this one were, gasp, losses. He puts us in an early hole every time he pitches and then puts all the pressure on the offense to bail him out. It's obvious when you watch him pitch that he lacks at least two necessary elements of being a quality major league pitcher (talent and toughness), and he's gonna start getting destroyed soon enough.
    Can you say Jimmy Haynes and Eric Milton v. Phillies?

Wins and losses. Come on now, Geki.

Elizardo might not be a great pitcher, but I do think he can be a servicable No. 5 guy.

Even his DIPS ERA is 4.75 right now. Now, it's not as good as his actual ERA, but it's still around the No. 5 starter zone. His BABIP isn't too far from average, so he hasn't been exceptionally hit lucky. That changeup makes him a more consistent pitcher than what he was before.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Griffey just hit a BLAST to right, three run shot which gives the Reds a 4-3 lead. (See CRF, I told you not to worry about that OPS )
    I'm thrilled to see him starting to hit.

The OPS wasn't my biggest concern though. It's still the defense. He's made some gems the last few nights, but I still question his ability to move around in CF.

His (unqualified) ZR of .813 would place him near or at the bottom of CF in all of MLB. He currently has the same ZR as McCracken.

It does seem he's been better the last couple of nights, but I still worry about him getting to balls we need him to get to with our pitching staff.

I wish he'd consider a move from CF to LF or 1B so we could call Denorfia up.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Belisle would be nice.

And yes, I would prefer Germano. At least I haven't seen him suck yet.
    Roffle. Belisle's never taken advantage of his opportunities as a starter. That's hypocritical to the max. Also Germano's not even pitching well at AAA (Ramirez was btw). Face it Ramirez is just earning his spot, and until he gives the team good reason to demote him he'll remain the #5 guy.

He has pitched well enough to earn that #5 spot, I agree with Homerun21, that he should stay there until he gives the team a reason not to run him out there every 5 days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123