Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game 46: Brewers @ Reds 5/23 7:10 PM

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Jeff Cirillo flies out to right fielder Austin Kearn

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    And Kearns ropes his 14th double of the year. I hope fans of other teams understand why we didnt want to sell him off for cheap (or below value) in the offseason just due to surplus.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    I didn't want to sell Kearns at all

C you there
    MLB ERA
    oh that was a great subsitution

Javier Valentin lines into unassisted double play, shortstop Bill Hall. Edwin Encarnacion doubled off 2nd.

C you there
    MLB ERA
    at least LaRue was able to get a run with his sacrafice Fly out to left and Kearns scoring

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Pitcher Change: Todd Coffey replaces Chris Hammond, batting 9th.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    How did the Lizard look? I just started watching this inning.
    The Lizard looked pretty good with the exception of I believe the 3rd inning. That inning he walked a couple which eventually came around and scored. THey plated 3 that inning and thats all theyve got so far. Moment of the game: when Lizard came up to bat and had the wrong helmet on, he had the hear flap on his right ear when he was batting left handed, then he went back to get a new one and got the same one so he had to get a new one again. That was the greatest moment yet this year... . Any one else catch that one?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ha! I wished I would of saw that one. Hopefully it will make it to Baseball Tonight.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Griffey with a basehit to the left side! Nice

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Rich Aurilia strikes out swinging.

damn it there goes my prediction I gave to a brewer lovin fan friend of mine

i said the reds would win

14-3

MLB ERA
    Lizard looked like trash.

(That's because he is trash, though.)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    Lizard looked like trash.

(That's because he is trash, though.)
    Geki you have to be one of the biggest morons when it comes to Lizard. Hes done everything that weve been BEGGING OUR STARTERS, for the past 3 years, to do. Just keep us in the game. I guess you think Harangs trash too since his ERA right now is HIGHER than Lizards. Geez, its one thing to be wrong but you keep on like its going out of style.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Lizard's last three starts before this one were, gasp, losses. He puts us in an early hole every time he pitches and then puts all the pressure on the offense to bail him out. It's obvious when you watch him pitch that he lacks at least two necessary elements of being a quality major league pitcher (talent and toughness), and he's gonna start getting destroyed soon enough.

He lacks toughness? What the hell makes you say that? A great young hitter in Prince Fielder rips a double off him tonight and that's the only blemish on his night. He strikes out two in a row with the bases loaded to keep the Reds in the game against the Phils in his last start. It's almost like you want the guy to fail, either that or you don't understand that it takes time for some players/pitchers to develop. I mean god, what better example of this is there than Brandon Phillips?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    Lizard's last three starts before this one were, gasp, losses. He puts us in an early hole every time he pitches and then puts all the pressure on the offense to bail him out. It's obvious when you watch him pitch that he lacks at least two necessary elements of being a quality major league pitcher (talent and toughness), and he's gonna start getting destroyed soon enough.
    Until then PLEASE SHUT UP and get off the guys case. You arent even giving the guy a chance, which from the start I have tried to get people to do. He has an era of below 3.40 MOST FANS WOULD LOVE THAT, especially from a guy you would believe to be a back of the rotation type... except for you for some strange reason. Besides the Arizona game when the defense royally sucked he has not given up more than 3 runs in ANY of his starts. How many times last year did we lose games 8-4, 10-7 type games where if we got 6 IP and 3 runs out of a pitcher we would have won?

One of those games he gave up 3 Runs and the pen gave up 5 you cant solely fault him for that. What more can we ask of a pitcher than to at least come in and not give up 6+ runs? Unless of course you want to go back to seeing Homer Milton and Homer Ortiz blowing us out of games in the 1st inning like last year.

He's never going to be an elite pitcher but right now he is one of the most consistant pitchers we have and with this offense you hold the opponent to 3 runs or fewer I really like our chances. Get off his case geez.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast