View Poll Results: Should Jerry Narron be fired?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. Not at all.

8 47.06%
  • Yes, and bring in Sweet Lou.

5 29.41%
  • Yes, and bring in someone else.

4 23.53%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you fire Narron?

i've seen way worse with bullpens, and i don't know what you're talking about about favorites. Who?
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    Rick White is one favorite. He definitely seems to like him more than Shackelford.

I'm going to start thinking he might be thinking the same thing in terms of Dave Williams over Elizardo in terms of the rotation if everything keeps going like it has.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

he doens't use white and shack in the same circumstances, so it's apples and oranges.

watch as everyone jumps to the conclusion that narron wants williams not krivsky, not based on any facts mind you.
    Reds MVP Race

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Mo Pena
    watch as everyone jumps to the conclusion that narron wants williams not krivsky, not based on any facts mind you.
    Personally I don't care who made that decision, it was wrong without question. Ramirez, who I am not really a fan of per se has shown poise and pretty good success considering his experience. Williams has managed what, two decent starts? And even then his stats are beyond terrible.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Narron favors guys who know how to play the game properly, but those players usually suck. That's why McCracken is still on the roster. That is why Womack was on the roster out of spring training. It would be logical for Narron that he would choose Williams, who has more MLB experience, over a better pitcher in Ramirez.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    I didn't blame it all on him. Both he and Krivsky deserve blame for that decision. They both helped make it.

I just get the feeling that Narron probably "convinced" Krivsky that keeping Williams would be better.

And him not using those two in the same circumstances is just my point. He is showing favorites. He uses White in more key situations and seems to relegate Shackelford to "matchups." If White is even on the team at all(he shouldn't be), it should be opposite of how Narron does it.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

ah yes, the old "feeling."

man, steve and marty both tried to explain ERA to some guy on the phone and both got it wrong the first time. Damn.
    Reds MVP Race

AAA ERA
    I don't think its all his fault when they lose, I do think he is a bad manager, and he shouldn't have been giving the job to begin with.. Do i think anyone else will take this team to the World Series, no, but i know there are guys who are better out there than him who will help them win more games.

Lancaster is reporting that Narron held a team meeting last night after the game:

PITTSBURGH -- Jerry Narron spent several minutes after the game addressing the team. His summary of his thoughts:

"It’s been a difficult week," said Narron. "I think mentally when you just sit around and you don’t know if you’re going to play or the game’s going to get started on time or whatever, we really need to make sure we’re mentally prepared and locked in early in the game. I think that’s something we can do a little better at.

"But I believe in these guys. I know we’ve gotten off to a better start than anybody ever expected, and I think a lot of people expect us to fall off the face on the earth. But I believe these guys are going to keep grinding and battling and at some point we’re going to come out of this thing."

The pep-talk was well-received by the players.

"The message was not to panic," said Adam Dunn. "I thought it was an outstanding meeting. There was no yelling, no screaming, just got to the point. It was good that he kind of reassured everything that we believe. I’m not a big meeting guy, but that was a good one."

Added Aaron Harang:

"It’s a definite grind we’ve had the last week and a half, where it’s been like this every single day. I don’t know if it’s just wearing on everybody, but I think we’re going to be fine. We’ll come back from this, and I don’t think too many of the guys are worried about it. Everybody feels confident in what we have on this team and that we can win. We’ve just got to get that groove rolling again and go with it."

To me, the fact that he has that kind of control in the locker room, that he can have meetings like that that are well recieved, that's the kin dof good managing stuff that we can't see on the field, but probably means as much or more than when to use Shackelford.
    Reds MVP Race

AAA ERA
    Current update 9-7 in favor of firing Jerry Narron.

5 of 9 then say bring Sweet Lou in first fast and factual.
    4 of 9 say someone else.

I implore those who said someone else (albbla2000mu, CincyRedsFan30, Geki Ace, NFLman2033) to maybe mention their ideas for a replacement.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HafDawg2003

4 of 9 say someone else.

I implore those who said someone else to maybe mention their ideas for a replacement.
    If you are going to upset the apple cart and fire Narron NOW you HAVE to have someone in your back pocket ready to go so you avoid becoming the NC State of MLB. Nothing would hurt this franchise more now than firing Narron (who seems to have the trust of the players and not bring in someone who has a track record of success (IE Lou). Ill be interested in hearing who others thing thats just my 2 cents.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    I don't really care about Narron's meetings. I want to see results. I want to see the offense hitting like it should be hitting based on talent. I want to see runners not always getting picked off bases and pitchers not throwing balls into the outfield. I want to see improved defense and better sac. bunts from the pitchers.

So far I haven't.

Something better change.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HafDawg2003

4 of 9 say someone else.

I implore those who said someone else (albbla2000mu, CincyRedsFan30, Geki Ace, NFLman2033) to maybe mention their ideas for a replacement.
    I'm not sure Lou is right for this situation.

I don't really care who is brought in. I want it to be someone Krivsky believes in and someone who knows how to produce Runs and which statistics are the most important. I also want someone who can manage the bullpen properly and not leave starters in the games too long.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    All of which is the manager's responsibility. The GM gets the players, the manager is in charge of how they play. If they play poorly, then the manager is responsible. If they play well, then the players are responsible. It may be unfair, but its the truth. So, since the offense and defense is struggling, then Narron is at fault.
    rf28

it's simply not the truth. Clearly, you want Lou and he just went through on eof the worst stretches a team has ever had in history. You still want him because you know that he's a good manager. He was the same manger in TB that he was in seattle and cincinnati. The difference? The players of bleeping course.

That's why the Rays didn't fire him, because they knew that it was the players' fault.

why am i still having this pointless discussion? You don't listen to reason, you contradict yourself, you make illogical statements. Fine, you want him gone just because, why not just say "because." It would reflect your level of thinking about the whole thing more.

logic and the pros are on Narron's side here, if you like "because," i guess it's a free county.

Okay, last try: Don't you think that if Krivsky wanted Narron gone he would have done it before the season? He didn't really hesitate in getting rid of lots of other people and rearranging the whole system. He endorsed Narron in fact in his acceptance speech.
    Reds MVP Race

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast