Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Griffey Update

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Griffey Update

Ken Griffey Jr. (knee) is on pace to come off the DL on Friday.
    Griffey ran the bases at nearly 100 percent on Monday and his knee felt fine on Tuesday. "It's going good," trainer Mark Mann said. "(Tuesday) was more of a recovery day. But it was important to see how he felt. He said he was fine."
    The way things are going for you guys, is this a good ro a bad thing? I know the Giants are 1-2 when Barry homers. You guys are playing surprisingly great!!

MLB ERA
    I said it before and I'll say it again: Freel means more to this team than Griffey, and if Griffey starting means Freel sits every day, then I'd rather have Griffey hurt.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    So you'd rather have a first ballot HOFer hurt than have a career utility player sit the bench. Shake yourself. He's still Ken Griffey, Jr. and he DESERVES to start over Freel.
    rf28

Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    I said it before and I'll say it again: Freel means more to this team than Griffey, and if Griffey starting means Freel sits every day, then I'd rather have Griffey hurt.
    i would have to agree, Freel makes this team much more dynamic in the lead off spot from an offensive stand point. He also gets to many more balls hit in the outfield, which has really become apparent to me this season. The only thing that concerns me with freel is his ability to play everyday, he plays with so much energy that its nearly impossible for him to do with consistency over a long period of time.

MLB ERA
    I haven't seen any evidence that Freel can't play pretty much every game. Sure he will need a few days off, but so do a lot of players.

I'm pleased to see Griffey coming back, but I do hope it doesn't mean Freel won't be playing. There is an issue with Freel/Phillips both being at 2B right now.

I wouldn't be upset with a trade of some sorts soon. I fear the PT situation could get ugly if one doesn't happen and we could certainly benefit from the right trade being made.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Griffey hurts the team big-time in center while Freel helps it big-time. Junior's a great hitter, sure, but Freel is the only tablesetter on the team and he's probably the best leadoff man in the NL. I'd like to see them both in the lineup, obviously, but if Griffey comes back and Phillips is still our starting 2B, then we're gonna see a whole lot less of Freel and that's pretty ****ing sad.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    He playedin 143 games and had over 505 Abs in 2004. Not bad for a bench player. He's capable of playing everyday.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, and Griffey went .301 with 35 HR's in 2005, does that deserve him going to the pine? Griffey changing position is a moot point. The Reds won't ask him to do it. So unless your willing to piss off a first ballot HOFer, then I'd accept the fact that Junior is the everyday CF.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    That's why the team either needs to trade Griffey (if anyone would actually take a risk on him at this point or if he came back for a short time and appeared healthy) or they need to trade Freel or Phillips. I would really not like to lose Freel unless we had a very nice return. I consider him a very valuable part of the team.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I say sit Hatteberg on the bench (I know his OBP is very high, but hear me out), and either move Dunn to 1B and put Freel in LF or put Freel at 1B.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Griffey or Dunn should be playing 1st and Freel should be in center. Griffey needs to swallow his ego and move, because he just plain can't get in done in center.

AAA ERA
    I have go agree with Redsfan28 here. I think we should move Dunn to first base (whether he likes it or not) and put Freel in right.

MLB ERA
    ...Kearns plays right.

AAA ERA
    I meant...LF, put Dunn at first. I still dont know my right from left...sorry.

MLB ERA
    But then we have the whole "Griffey playing CF" problem.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast