Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Griffey Update

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah and you are going to continue to have it unless the Reds actually grow a pair and tell him he's moving.
    rf28

it does seem like it just makes too much sense right now not to move him. We have Dunn who can play first, Griffey's always getting hurt running and in left he'd have to do less of that, and Freel needs to be in the game to lead off and add speed to the lineup. all things point to a simple solution.

hatteberg expected to be a backup when he signed so i can't believe he'd be too surprised.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I fully agree with you guys as well. I just don't see Narron pulling the trigger. He is obviously committed to Dunn playing the outfield. Yet he is not helping anyone there either. I know 1B sees a lot more action on the defensive side and it puts Dunn's defense in a more active role which is very scary in itself. But it allows this offense to keep Freel in there and allows Dunn to be groomed into the 1B idea.

But again, I believe that Narron has commited to what he is doing now.

MLB ERA
    It's okay, guys. Ken, Lord of the Pussies is not coming off the DL today, according to Lancaster. If we get any chance to trade him, do it. I'm tired of injuries that just about any other player in baseball could easily play through keeping him out for long periods of time.

And I think everyone here is tired of your constant negativity and *****ing.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I agree hr21. That was a unnecessary comment. Geki, why don't you go out there with a knot in the back of your knee and see if you could play the game the way it should be.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    You mean play the game the right way?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I am wondering if there is a trade in the works right now for an outfielder. Griffey may be being targeted right now fellas. I have no clue why else he would not be activated today. No way he is still injured. I can't guarantee it, but I really think something is brewing.

MLB ERA
    Lancaster says he is indeed still injured, and it's ****ing pathetic.

He's not 25 anymore. It's going to take time for him to recover you know.

MLB ERA
    Yes, that's the issue I have. It's taking too much time to recover from an injury that wouldn't keep most players out for even one game.

Unless you're a trainer with the Reds or Griffey himself you don't know what the hell is wrong with him. The Reds keep this crap very secretive.

MLB ERA
    If it's what the Reds are calling it, he's a pussy.

If it's not, then he's a liar.

or someone is a liar, Jr hasn't really said anything about the injury, so he can't be held accountable for that.

It is getting pretty ridiculous at this point though. Since when did baseball players have to be 100% to play? I thought that people played with dings and dents all the time, didn't dunn play with a broken hand last year and hit a ton?

and i don't want them to give me the argument that if he goes out and plays when he's less than 100% then he'll risk getting injured worse. Clearly he gets injured plenty when he's 100% since all we heard in ST was how healthy he was.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    No Griffey this weekend

DENVER -- Word is, Ken Griffey Jr. still is not ready to go and will not be joining the team in Phoenix tomorrow.

The earliest he likely would be activated is Tuesday, when the Reds start a homestand against the Nationals.

-Per Marc's Blog
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast