Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Game Thread: Reds vs. Cubs 4/5/2006

Arroyo looked great. It goes to show a guy who throws 91 and has movement, changes speeds and doesn't give out free passes is a very effective pitcher in this league. You don't need to be Prior or Wood; those guys tend to break down anyway. The durable hard throwers like Clemens, Randy Johnson and Nolan Ryan are freaks of nature.

Who would have thought David Weathers would make us forget Danny Graves?

agreed sea ray, especially on the lack of walks from arroyo today. I know i've said it before on this board, but it bares repeating: jason varitek used to say that bronson commanded his fastball perfectly 2 of 5 times, and that if he got it to 3 of 5 he'd win 20 games because of his movement, ability to change speeds, and ability to give different looks.

Who knows if he has done that or not, but one thing's for sure, when he has outings without a walk, he's probably going to be pretty strong.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

AAA ERA
    Yea, I was also very pleased with his first outing with the Reds. I was also very pleased with his first home run in a Reds uni...haha. But one other thing that i am pleased with is Weathers. Let's just hope that he can have a good season and close some ball games for us.

Well, was at the game today....2 notes.
    1. Most memorable moment was Ken Griffey jumping up like he just won the world series when Dunn made his first routine catch of the day. It was hilarious as then Dunn gave the fans a wave as he got a mock standing ovation.
    2. Easiest scoreboard stumper ever......Name 4 players who hit 40 or more HR in 2005

and a pleasant #3....reds have cheerleaders now who wear tight ass spandex shorts ......volzok (who was there with me) both agree that was the biggest acquisition of the offseason.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Sadly I didn't catch the game (ESPN blackout means that I had a few hours to delete from my tivo of just ESPNews), but pretty happy with the end result. I've said before that if we see the Bronson of 2004, I'll be thrilled with the deal. And if he can get his K/9 back up to a level closer to that than the one he posted in 2005, we'll have a very much needed upper level type of pitcher to go with Harang.

MLB ERA
    Will everyone give Bronson a chance now before sacrificing him and Krivsky now?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by albbla2000mu
    Well, was at the game today....2 notes.
    1. Most memorable moment was Ken Griffey jumping up like he just won the world series when Dunn made his first routine catch of the day. It was hilarious as then Dunn gave the fans a wave as he got a mock standing ovation.
    2. Easiest scoreboard stumper ever......Name 4 players who hit 40 or more HR in 2005

and a pleasant #3....reds have cheerleaders now who wear tight ass spandex shorts ......volzok (who was there with me) both agree that was the biggest acquisition of the offseason.
    Agreed. Not a bad game. Was hoping more from Arroyo. But it was his first start so I am not totally disappointed. MVP of the day is probably between Freel and Aurilia for me. But I have to go with Aurilia since I didnt know why he was batting clean up and he came through.

Quote Originally Posted by volzok
    Agreed. Not a bad game. Was hoping more from Arroyo. But it was his first start so I am not totally disappointed. MVP of the day is probably between Freel and Aurilia for me. But I have to go with Aurilia since I didnt know why he was batting clean up and he came through.
    it was narron's fault that he took arroyo out when he did. He had been cruising up to that double, and if narron had left him in he could have gotten the last out and ended with 2 ER over 7 innings, with 7 k and no walks. mercker's HR made it look worse than it was.
    Reds MVP Race

MLB ERA
    He had three earned runs, but he still hung one right over the plate that Lee crushed. Yes, Ross should've caught the damn ball, but Arroyo shouldn't be let completely off the hook for giving that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    He had three earned runs, but he still hung one right over the plate that Lee crushed. Yes, Ross should've caught the damn ball, but Arroyo shouldn't be let completely off the hook for giving that up.
    not completely off the hook, but if you look at the pitch it was actually a high fastball exactly where ross called for it, not right down the middle.

and i still think it was stupid for narron to take him out.
    Reds MVP Race

MLB ERA
    Narron probably shouldn't have taken him out, but Arroyo left an incredibly hittable pitch for Lee to crush, and he has to take the blame for that.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011