Thread: Abreu Offered One Year, $8 Mil

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

White Sox Abreu Offered One Year, $8 Mil

The Los Angeles Daily News reports that the White Sox have offered Bobby Abreu a one-year, $8 million contract.
    Carlos Quentin to center field? It would improve the offense enough that it might be worse the defensive downgrade, especially since the current preference is Jerry Owens in center.
    WOW! How the mighty have fallen! Abreu made $16 million last year and now gets offered this? Abreu should make a lot more than that. When average pitchers can make $12 million a year and damn good hitters like Abreu can only make $8 million, things are ****ed up! My main question is what happened to Kenny Williams' idea of getting younger and more athletic? Seems like he just threw that out the window. Quentin in CF is a bad idea. I really don;t see Abreu as a fit for the White Sox, position-wise or financially. You might be right ljshorty!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Abreu Offered One Year, $8 Mil

According to ESPN.com, the White Sox and Bobby Abreu did discuss a deal this week, but that talks have stalled.
    A one-year, $8 million deal was discussed, but the White Sox never made the offer official, and it looks like both sides have already moved on.
    This makes sense. Like I said, it doesn't fit Williams plan to get younger and more athletic. Plus Abreu should be able to get more money on a one year deal.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    WOW! How the mighty have fallen! Abreu made $16 million last year and now gets offered this? Abreu should make a lot more than that. When average pitchers can make $12 million a year and damn good hitters like Abreu can only make $8 million, things are ****ed up! My main question is what happened to Kenny Williams' idea of getting younger and more athletic? Seems like he just threw that out the window. Quentin in CF is a bad idea. I really don;t see Abreu as a fit for the White Sox, position-wise or financially. You might be right ljshorty!
    As much as I love and value Abreu, his defensive liability was so great that he did deserve a pay cut.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No doubt he deserves a pay cut but he should make more than Bradley and Ibanez.

MLB ERA

I'm surprised he took 5 mil if he really had 8 mil from the white sox
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA