Thread: Carlos Quentin done for the year

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

News Carlos Quentin done for the year

He has a broken wrist, requiring surgery. Good chance he's out for the year.

Link to story

Could this be the "break" the Twins need to take over in the division?
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

Re: Carlos Quentin done for the year

He's not definitely out for the year. He's out for the regular season probably, but he will be re-evaluated in 2-3 weeks if they make the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Carlos Quentin done for the year

S3F should have never voted for him. Quick, let's pile on Youkilis to knock him out.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

White Sox Re: Carlos Quentin done for the year

Quentin to test wrist, but he won't be rushed :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: White Sox

Carlos Quentin was re-evaluated Wednesday at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, and the news was better than expected.

Quentin, an American League MVP candidate before he fractured his wrist Sept. 1 when he tried to roughhouse his own bat after a foul ball, is expected to rejoin the team this weekend in Kansas City and start work in the batting cage.

According to the Sox, the fracture lined up, and the soft cast was removed. The plan was to get Quentin started Wednesday and this afternoon on range-of-motion drills, then fly to Kansas City on Friday. There, he's scheduled to take dry swings and further test the wrist.

''He's supposed to hit the first day in K.C.,'' manager Ozzie Guillen said. ''I don't want to rush this kid and all of a sudden we lose him for maybe another month. We've got to take the thing easy and don't rush him.

''And he will make the call when he can come back. I want to wait for him to see what he says, how he does and how he feels, and then we see what we're going to do.''

It remains to be seen whether Quentin can return before the end of the season, but the Sox were pleased with his recovery. They did warn, however, that if there were any setbacks, they likely would shut him down.
    Sounds like cautious optimism is in order here. If the Sox can make the playoffs (which still remains to be seen), they need Carlos Quentin in the middle of that lineup. With him, they don't stand much of a chance against the Rays, without him, it goes from slim to none.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.