Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hey dam8610

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    why dont we all just move on. Ok, the Twins were the better team this year. We got it. The Sox were champs last year. Got that. Now lets all move on and talk about who is going to win the World Series. Something a little more interesting. When the Brewers are eliminated around June 30th every year, I root for the team in my division or in NL. So, maybe you guys should be allies now that the teams are determined instead of smacking so much. Do that next year, when it has some value! Life will not end, baseball is a sport, not life or death.
    Root for the Twins? That's not going to happen. I'm a NL fan from 10/2 until the end of the playoffs. Of the AL teams, the one I'd hate seeing in the series least is the Yankees.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

ok, root for the NL then, I have no problem with that. I just think you are going to be frustrated with that choice also. just my opinion. BTW, my wife is a Sox fan too, and we went to Game one last year. I am not much of a Sox fan. I loved it though. One of those things that happens in your lifetime that you will always treasure!!!! I do love Podsednik though, even though he had a somewhat down year too.. Can't stand Ozzie too much though, I think he needs to quit worry what to say the media and just "manage."

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Just so we are all clear:

NO POSTING LINKS TO OTHER FORUMS! Check the forum rules for regulations.

Also guys, please keep it clean. Not complaining right now as I havent seen anything wrong yet, but do your best to keep it in good manner.

Thanks guys!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    "Choke", just like "clutch", does not exist.
    Pretty sad excuse Dam, you know exactly what the Chi Sox did and that's choke down the stretch. They had a huge lead over the Twins in the division and the Twins ate them up for breakfast to clinch a spot in the postseason. Twins left you guys in the dust! Sad reality.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Pretty sad excuse Dam, you know exactly what the Chi Sox did and that's choke down the stretch. They had a huge lead over the Twins in the division and the Twins ate them up for breakfast to clinch a spot in the postseason. Twins left you guys in the dust! Sad reality.
    "Choke" doesn't exist, nor does "clutch". The White Sox played horribly down the stretch, but when did I say otherwise? Watching this team in August and September involved a lot of frustrtaion and anger. That's why I stopped once football season started.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

That's why I stopped watching in July. When you go 6-21 in June, you tend to lose interest.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Not if you're a diehard

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    Not if you're a diehard
    I wouldn't say that. Watching a team squander a playoff spot is too painful to watch. Most Sox fans I know stopped watching sooner than I did. When you start thinking "How are they going to blow it tonight?" as you're watching the game, that's when you know it's time to stop watching, as all you're going to get out of it is frustration and anger.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I can agree with Dam here. I get frustrated watching a team go down in the dumps. I seem to never catch the last month of Reds baseball because they are out of contention by then. This year has been slightly different. But any other year, I have just given up. Then come ST, I can't wait to see all the pics posted of players showing up. Its an addiction that hurts, but has it great moments as well.

MLB ERA
    I agree to a point. If all you care about is winning and losing, you'll stop watching. As for me, I watched my team, the Twins, through their bad times and have enjoyed their run of success this century.
    For proof of this attitude, look at the Cubs' fans. They show up whether the Cubs win or lose and just come for the love of the game.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by catman
    For proof of this attitude, look at the Cubs' fans. They show up whether the Cubs win or lose and just come for the love of the game.
    The only reason for that is because Wrigley Field is the World's Largest Beer Garden. It just happens to have baseball games played in the middle of it.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

MLB ERA
    I've been there and enjoyed the atmosphere you are referring to. It was very nice.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I never got to see Wrigley Field.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Every baseball fan should go to Wrigley. It is a must-see place.
    Back to the White Sox. I have read that they are not happy with Scott Podsednik in LF for them. Who will replace him? Will Juan Pierre take LF in the "Cell"?

MLB ERA
    Every baseball fan should go to Wrigley. It is a must-see place.
    I wholeheartedly disagree, and I think everyone here knows why.

Back to the White Sox. I have read that they are not happy with Scott Podsednik in LF for them. Who will replace him? Will Juan Pierre take LF in the "Cell"?
    He was terrible this year. Maybe Fields takes his place. Not that the Sox need to replace a speed/contact guy with ANOTHER power guy, but Fields showed that he's ML ready this year, and his natural position is taken by Crede. I kind of hope the Sox can package Uribe and Vazquez for a good SS (Philadelphia is known to need pitching, the Sox have an established history with them, and Vaz won't go west...) that can double as a leadoff hitter. The Sox should have NEVER traded for Vazquez, as they traded AWAY the solution to their Podsednik problem in the deal in Chris Young. Young could end up being Andruw Jones with speed, and this is what many Sox fans saw his ceiling as before he was traded away. Keep him, and McCarthy also already has a year of starting under his belt, and Luis Vizcaino might have helped to solidify a shaky pen. Now, the team needs a new leadoff man, and a new bullpen arm, and will likely have to look to FA/trades to acquire both instead of filling the needs from within, as they could very well have been capable of without that trade.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast