Thread: Soto Hurts Shoulder

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cubs Soto Hurts Shoulder

Geovany Soto left Tuesday's game with soreness in his right shoulder.
    Soto was hit by a pitch early in the game, but he didn't feel the discomfort until he tried to throw out Kaz Matsui at second base the next inning. Koyie Hill has come on to replace him.
    The guess is he will miss two or three games so it doesn't look serious. Cubs best hope this isn't a lingering problem.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Soto Hurts Shoulder

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the Cubs are bracing for the possibility that Geovany Soto (shoulder) could land on the disabled list.
    Soto had a similar shoulder issue while he was in Triple-A, and it cost him a little over a week. ''From talking to him, it lasted a week or so [the first time],'' manager Lou Piniella said. ''Let's hope it doesn't. If it's going to be that long, I'm not so sure we can stay with one catcher.'' Koyie Hill filled in Wednesday and Mark Johnson is just a phone call away.
    Bad start for the Cubs on the injury front. The '08 ROY looks to miss some time. This could be a lingering problem all season long.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

An MRI that was taken on Geovany Soto's sore right shoulder Thursday revealed nothing more serious than minor inflammation in the biceps area, Cubs sources said. Soto will not be placed on the disabled list, but he is expected to miss at least the first two games of the Milwaukee series beginning Friday -- and possibly all three, depending on how he feels this weekend. The Cubs originally said they would not have to take an MRI, but they changed course and took one for precautionary measures. Team physician Stephen Gryzlo examined him Thursday in Chicago. The Cubs will use Koyie Hill as their starting catcher for the Brewers series, and utility infielder Aaron Miles is expected to be the emergency backup.
    Good news for the Cubs and their fans.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Great news, not for me as a rival team's fan but for me as a Soto fantasy owner, I was really getting worried about Soto being placed on the DL. I just hope this injury doesn't hurt his swing.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Good news for the Cubs and their fans.
    good news indeed!
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

Also good news for those who rely on Soto for their fantasy team
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.