Thread: Chicago real estate firm puts bid in for Wrigley Field, plus more.

MLB ERA

News Chicago real estate firm puts bid in for Wrigley Field, plus more.

"A leading Chicago-area real estate firm has submitted an offer to buy Wrigley Field, betting that lease payments from the Chicago Cubs and eventual improvements to the ballpark will make it a decent investment. Sources said Thursday that Inland Real Estate Group of Companies Inc., based in Oak Brook, has turned in the offer to Cubs owner Tribune Co. The amount of the offer couldn’t be learned, but it is believed to be close to $300 million, the sum Tribune Chairman Sam Zell wants out of Wrigley if he sells the team and the property separately."

Inland Field....

Among the 19 potential bidders for the Cubs team, were Mark Cuban (as expected) and Chicago Wolves owner Don Levin. As far as I'm aware (from what I heard) the initial bidders will be broken down into the next round of bidders (not sure what they qualify this on, or if it's just based on bid money) and so on so forth.

If someone wants to clarify how it works, go for it. I didn't want to dig it all up...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Re: Chicago real estate firm puts bid in for Wrigley Field, plus more.

All I hope for is a) Mark Cuban gets the team, and b) the stadium keeps its name. Otherwise, I couldn't care less what happens
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.