Thread: Cuban Has Realistic Shot At Owner?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cubs Cuban Has Realistic Shot At Owner?

Mark Cuban gets his first peek under the Cubs' hood today. The Dallas Mavericks owner and Internet billionaire is eagerly awaiting the ''book'' that will tell him precisely what Cubs owner Sam Zell is selling. The long-awaited financial details are expected to be sent to ownership groups pre-approved by Major League Baseball as early as today. That's when the process really will begin. And that's when Cuban and Zell could learn that what they want out of a deal that will shape the future of the Cubs' venerable, ivy-covered franchise is a mere trifle compared to what baseball wants.
    Cubs fans would absolutely go ape shit but on one condition, Cuban hires a real baseball man to do the job for him. Cuban would open the checkbook and do whatever it takes to be the one to bring a title to the north side. Cuban's Mavericks haven't won anything and mainly because of Cuban himself. If Cuban, who I have never heard any smart baseball philosophies from, would just hire a smart GM to do their job then fans and players would be grateful. Plus, I don;t think Cuban would change it from Wrigley Field.

MLB ERA

Re: Cuban Has Realistic Shot At Owner?

That, and Mark Cuban is AWESOME. I totally wish i was him
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I wish I had his checkbook and enthusiasm but that's it. I would want a experienced baseball man doing to the work. Mavericks haven't done anything except choke in the Finals.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Guarantee the Cubs will make a WS under Cuban if he becomes owner.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.