Thread: Jones Wants Out?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Jones Wants Out?

The Tribune believes Jacque Jones wants out of Chicago and that the Cubs will try to accomodate him.
    Interviewed on ESPNews on Tuesday, Jones said he hadn't formally requested a trade. However, he sounded like he wouldn't mind playing somewhere else. While it doesn't look like anything is going to happen with the Jason Jennings rumors, it's believed the Rangers, Giants and Orioles could have some interest in bringing Jones in. The Cubs would likely attempt to sign Kenny Lofton to play center if they moved Jones.
    Sounds like a bunch of overblown bullshit. Soriano, Lofton and Murton would be that bad of an OF. Lofton would likely leadoff puching Soriano between Lee and Ramirez.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

UMMM... what is the intrigue with Lofton.. He is getting up their in age to be an everyday CF isn't he. And Jones sort of has the A-Rod effect in Chicago IMO. He came into last year pressing too much to make a difference and caused him to struggle. It is difficult to change public opinion in Wrigley if first impression is recieved poorly. Jones is a quality player and will be more relaxed in a new atmosphere. Good for Jacque. GO to a place like St. Louis and kick the Cubs butt and enjoy your stay there. Everyone else seems to. Plus it seems like a good fit for your type of player! But the Cubs would probably NOT allow that to happen. I would like him in Milwaukee, but we already have more outfielders than we know what to do with.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Lofton has hit over .300 the past two seasons and keeps stealing bases plus he's still a great leadoff man. He won't ever play 140+ games again but is good for the bulk of the season.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    My luck the Brewers will end up with him and he will turn into Marquis Grissom. Be good and become a Brewer and then suck!

AA ERA
    I believe something was mentioned that Soriano would be playing CF when he signed with the Cubs. I know I read that somewhere although that could be just a rumor.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    the plan for now was to put Soriano in center, but if Jacque Jones is going to be a ***** and want to go somewhere else, then things work out much better for the Cubs.

MLB ERA
    I agree with the prevailing sentiment in this thread. Jacque Jones was one of the "good guys" when he played for the Twins. He and Torii Hunter would set up a table and chairs after games and sign autographs until everyone that wanted one had one and they would go out and do their thing. I guess he developed an "attitude" in Chicago, but he would still bring in some talent if they were to trade him. He could do very well in Texas, but I agree that he would have more fun playing in St Louis.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I really feel that Jones would be a good fit in St. Louis! But I seriously doubt that the Cubs would make a trade with them. Jones could move to LF for them.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I don't find him saying he wants off a team that hasn't won anything since 1908 as having an attitude. Based on the interview, he didn't have an attitude. Sure St. Louis would be a good fit as he could play LF. Jones hitting 6th in that lineup with Encarnacion hitting behind him would be huge but I don't see Jones leaving. They need him too much.