Thread: Baker's Gone!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cubs Baker's Gone!

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Funny how in his first year he lead them to the playoffs but then got shit because of injuries to Wood and Prior. He will find another job easily as he is a player's manager. Hello Washington?

Another great piece of news is that the Cub's president resigned.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    eh, the best news is that mcfail is gone. unfortunately, while mcdonough (his replacement) is a great media/marketing guy but can he handle the baseball duties?
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Honestly, McPhail was not the problem in Chicago. I believe the Cubs will discover that in the not too distant future.
    Who are the possible replacements for Dusty? I've heard rumors about Joe Girardi, Frank Robinson (although I doubt if he'd be interested), and Lou Pinella.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Lots of firings going on. But this one was probably prefered by most fans. I just wish the Reds would jump on the same figuring here.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Girardi would be a nasty pick up for the Cubs. I think it is a good fit and I like it for this team. He was a GREAT manager this year and he could be the manager of the year. It would be a wise choice.