Thread: Maddux wants a championship. With the Dodgers?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Maddux wants a championship. With the Dodgers?

With the Cubs having suffered through a dismal May, trade rumors are surfacing.
    According to a report in Thursday's Los Angeles Times, Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti is looking for starting pitching help before the July 31 trade deadline, and Greg Maddux's name has surfaced.
    Maddux is in the final year of a three-year deal with the Cubs. Even though he doesn't have a no-trade clause in his contract, it's believed there's a "handshake" agreement that the Cubs would not try to move him during the length of the contract.
    That could change if Maddux believes the Cubs have no shot at the playoffs later this season. Maddux, who lives in Las Vegas, could express a desire to pitch for a contending team on the West Coast.
    On several occasions the future Hall of Famer said playing for Atlanta's World Series championship team in 1995 was his greatest accomplishment in the game. As his career winds down, Maddux would like another World Series title, and odds are it won't come with the North Siders this year. The Los Angeles Times also reported the Dodgers considered infielder Jerry Hairston Jr. but weren't interested after Dodgers scouts took a close look at him. Hairston was dealt to Texas on Wednesday for Phil Nevin.
    http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southt...pro/021sd5.htm

I really don't blame the guy wanting to go out on top. Its just a shame at where the Cubs are at right now. But I wouldnt quite count them out yet. This Maddux story is getting interesting though.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southt...pro/021sd5.htm

I really don't blame the guy wanting to go out on top. Its just a shame at where the Cubs are at right now. But I wouldnt quite count them out yet. This Maddux story is getting interesting though.
    this story is quite old (about two weeks or so) and its just hard to see the cubs selling now. If they decide to make a trade they'd have to continue to be bad through late July, and theyve shown signs of improving over the past week and with D. Lee being back within a week or two and Prior being back no later than June 18, who knows.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

AA ERA
    I'm holding on to hope for this year.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I am just holding on to hope that the Cubs can keep Maddux.