Thread: Theo Rejects Another Offer

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Theo Rejects Another Offer

Boston Globe: "With just five days left before Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein's three-year contract expires, negotiations between team CEO Larry Lucchino and his protege remain strained, as Epstein yesterday met with Lucchino and rejected an offer of $1.2 million a year for at least three years, according to a major league executive with knowledge of the negotiations."
    Good for Theo. If they don't want to pay him what he is worth, **** 'em! Plenty of options for Theo out there.

Rookie ERA
    I think they should give him 4 at 1.2 maybe 5.This is a decent offer but can be improved.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Its not years he is wanting. He wants enough money to put up with Lucchino and the rest of that crew.

Rookie ERA
    It is not known whether that is the Red Sox' final offer, but it is believed that the matter will be resolved either way in the next 24-48 hours. While money is a major factor in the negotiations, it is growing increasingly apparent that there are other issues, namely a personality clash in management styles between Lucchino and Epstein that transcends chain-of-command questions
    Hmm, intresting.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yeah it has been known for quite some time that Larry and Theo ahven't been the best of friends.

1.2 is too low. I think his demand for the 5 year/12 million contract, considering what GMs like Jocketty/Schuerholtz/Cashman are getting, is a bit out there. Still, a 5 year deal at 1.6-2.0 million dollar is what he deserves. 3 years, 3 playoff births, WS win. I'm certainly not complaining about that.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    The guy brings the city and team its first ring in over 80 yrs and youre going to low ball him??? I would love to see him in Cincinnati.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Epstein can write his own ticket at this point. Lowballing him is an organizational power play, and a bad one at that. If he leaves, so leaves the very philosophy that won the Red Sox the championship.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

One day left and haven't heard of a deal done yet. Maybe Depodesta in Boston as a replacement?

Rookie ERA
    No they said we wont hear anything til Monday.

Rookie ERA
    I wonder if we don't give him his money he'll put a curse on us. It seems fitting.