Thread: Boston @ Halos

Closed
    AAA ERA

Red Sox Boston @ Halos

This series really scraes the Hell out of me. The angels have a really strong lineup and they are pitching three very quality starters this series. They also have a very quality bullpen with K-Rod shutting the door at record pace.

Game 1: Buchholz vs Lackey: Clay was really off and on in his first start back from the minors versus Baltimore. Lackey can be one of the most dominant starters at any time. He struggled in his last two outing, but prior he was dominant in his last 4 prior.

Game 2: Beckett vs Weaver: This matchup is the best shot for the Redsox to get a win in my opinion. Josh struggled in his last outing, but the Redsox offense was on and he got the win. Jered Weaver has been pretty good throughout the first half of the season. He has pitched great in his last 4 outings only giving up 4 runs total in those outings.

Game 3: Wakefield vs Saunders: Tim continues to be Mr. Consistency going at least 7 innings in his last 5 out of 6 starts. He has pitched well in all of those starts as well. Saunders has been one of the best A.L. opitchers this first half posting a 12-5 record with a 3.07 ERA. He pitched good in his last outing, but got the loss.

Outlook: My outlook for the Redsox on this series is bleek. Yes I said bleek. I wouldn't be suprised if they end up getting swept in this series. With the record of how their offense falls asleep on the road and the quality of pitching they are up against it is going to be tough. I would be happy if they pull out one of the games.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Re: Boston @ Halos

3-3 right now. Clay Buchholz started out really slow giving up 3 to the Halos in the bottom of the 1st. The Redsox have chipped back with Youk hitting a 2 run bomb in the 2nd and then Manny hitting a solo shot in the 4th.

Closed
    AAA ERA

4-3 Halos on a homerun by Garrett Anderson.

Closed
    AAA ERA

The Halos have busted this game open and now lead 11-3. The Redsox also lose there 1/2 game lead to Tampa and now fall a 1/2 game back to the Rays.