Thread: Birds fly North to Fenway

Closed
    AAA ERA

Red Sox Birds fly North to Fenway

Last series before the All Star Break and the Orioles come up to Fenway for a 3 game weekend series. The Orioles have played not so well lately and have dropped back to .500 and over 10 games out of first place in the division. The Redsox after getting swept by the division leading Rays come back to Fenway and sweep the Twins and are now back to only 2 games out of first place in the division.

Game 1: Undecided vs Buchholz: The old undecided for the Orioles is kinda hard to predict what will be done. Buchholz is back after the Sox have sent Justin Masterson to AAA to become a short reliever. Buchholz hasn't pitched in the majors since May 12th and currently has posted a season record of 2-3 with a 5.53 ERA.

Game 2: Liz vs. Wakefield: Liz was terrible in his last outing and has been having trouble with walking men . He only lasted 3.2 innings and allowed 4 earned runs on 7 hits in his last outing. Wakefield continues to be Mr. Consistency. He has mostly pitched into the 7 th inning with the exception of his last outing versus the Yankees going only 6.1 innings. He only allowed 4 hits in that outing.

Game 3: Cabrera vs Matsuzaka: Daniel Cabrera can be as dominant as they come, but in his last outing he kinda re-verted back to the old Cabrera walking several people. He is currently 6-4 with an ERA of 4.40. Dice-K continues to opitch well and was great in his last outing although he ended up with a no decision. He pitched 7.1 innings and allowed 0 runs. Walks remain a problem for Dice-K.

Outlook: The Sox continue at home and would love to end on a high note. The Orioles are beginning to struggle a bit and haven't played great on the road so I could see the Redsox getting the sweep over the Orioles in the series. 2 out of 3 would be the worst scenerio.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Re: Birds fly North to Fenway

Brian Burres looks to start for the Orioles tonight.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Orioles score two early runs and lead 2-0

Closed
    AAA ERA

Redsox lose 7-3 in game 1: Clay was not back to his potential stuff. There were periods of time where he looked great and others where he was just awful. Hopefully the Sox can bounce back in the final two games of the series.

Closed
    AAA ERA

The Sawx have surely bounced back in this game starting off with 2 runs in the bottom of the first and then exploding in the 4th with 7 runs. They then picked up another run in the 4th. Tim Wakefield has pitched really well and will be inline for the win.

It is 10-1 in the 7th.

Closed
    AAA ERA

The Sawx win 12-1. Youk hit a Grand Slam and Manny & J.D. hit one out on back to back pitches. Wakefield pitches great and gets his record back to 6-6.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Running a bit late . Heading out to the game right now.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Well I attended my 1st Sawx game with my Boyfriend and they pulled it out 2-1. I was kinda scared in the 9th though when the Orioles were rallying. Also what made this game so great other than being there with my BF and the Redsox winning is they are now back where they belong on top of the A.L. East with the Rays losing what I think was there 7th game in a row.