Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Schilling Out For Year

MLB ERA

Re: Schilling Out For Year

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    I don't think anyone would expect anything less. If I were in your shoes I'd feel the same way.
    It's not just because I'm a yankees fan though. I just think he's overall a douchy person. I just don't like him, and i don't like how he acts. He thinks he's god's gift to the world, and he'll do anything to get attention (example: the bloody sock)
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    It's not just because I'm a yankees fan though. I just think he's overall a douchy person. I just don't like him, and i don't like how he acts. He thinks he's god's gift to the world, and he'll do anything to get attention (example: the bloody sock)
    Obviously and if you're a Yankee fan those traits only irritate you more.

I am guessing you are no longer on his website's mailinglist?

MLB ERA

Well, I don't think he did that for attention. I completely buy that he was pitching and the suture in his ankle came open. I also think that you'd better be joking, because hoping for ANYONE to get hit by a bus is just not cool.

Also, he's not an AUTOMATIC HOF by any stretch. He only had 216 wins. Had a 3.30 ERA or so, and despite his 3 WS, and his great playoff record, he will be going in with a tough class, at least in year one, of Piazza...not to mention the controversial Bonds, Clemens, Sosa group.

MLB ERA

Obviously and if you're a Yankee fan those traits only irritate you more.

I am guessing you are no longer on his website's mailinglist?
    haha never have, never will

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Well, I don't think he did that for attention. I completely buy that he was pitching and the suture in his ankle came open. I also think that you'd better be joking, because hoping for ANYONE to get hit by a bus is just not cool.
    ok, 1) i don't buy the bloody sock, but that's just my opinion, we really can't prove it one way or another. 2) dude, come on, i don't HOPE he gets hit by a bus. but i certainly wouldn't mourn his death

MLB ERA

If you don't buy the bloody sock, than what do you believe? The guy may be a bit egotistic, but he wouldn't put ketchup or paint on his sock. He was already loved by Sox fans and hated by Yankees fans...

MLB ERA

If you don't buy the bloody sock, than what do you believe? The guy may be a bit egotistic, but he wouldn't put ketchup or paint on his sock. He was already loved by Sox fans and hated by Yankees fans...
    it was a move to make him look more heroic and get huge media coverage. i don't know what was on that sock, but if it was blood, he 1: would have been taken out of the game if their training staff had ANY idea what they were doing, and 2: he would have bled a lot more, since a stuture opening like that would flow pretty freely, he had stitches for a reason, and that reason is because the cut couldn't close by itself. The amount of blood on his sock is relatively small, and should have been much more if a wound like that had opened freely.

MLB ERA

See, you're wrong there. The suture was not necessarily to keep a cut open, but to hold the ankle tendon in place. The cut can open without the suture necessarily failing. The medical staff doesn't pull someone over a cut opening up....

And no one ever said it opened freely, you did. The suture shifted slightly, resulting in a small pool of blood.

MLB ERA

See, you're wrong there. The suture was not necessarily to keep a cut open, but to hold the ankle tendon in place. The cut can open without the suture necessarily failing. The medical staff doesn't pull someone over a cut opening up....

And no one ever said it opened freely, you did. The suture shifted slightly, resulting in a small pool of blood.
    so if the suture shifted so slightly, why did everyone immediately christen him a hero?

MLB ERA

I never did. I don't know either. Personally, I think it was mainly Red Sox fans trying to piss off Yankees fans, and the Yankees fans reaction that made it more of a big deal than it was. If he had had a paper cut that bled into his glove, would anyone care?

MLB ERA

I never did. I don't know either. Personally, I think it was mainly Red Sox fans trying to piss off Yankees fans, and the Yankees fans reaction that made it more of a big deal than it was. If he had had a paper cut that bled into his glove, would anyone care?
    exactly. except it wasn't Yankee fans that made it big, it was ESPN that made it big because they look for controversy in EVERYTHING, and Yankee fans subsequently got pissed off at ESPN's coverage of a bloody sock and not baseball

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

A definite hall of famer though
    really? I'm not so sure about that...

MLB ERA

Schilling is a DBAG

As far as the suture business, if it was holding the tendon in place and any blood flowed to appear on the sock, he was either throwing on ****ing morphine or the injury was just a cut bleeding because the scab broke.

Seriously, sutures are no joke. Anyone who's had an interior suture for a muscle or tendon can tell you that if one pops, it's hard to walk. If it pops ANYWHERE.

Which is why that's bullshit. You can't pitch at all if that happens...they should do a science of sport on it

MLB ERA

Well, remember, he had adrenaline going. Guys have done more unbelievable things. Tiger Woods this past weekend? Or Jason Hirsch pitching 5 innings last year on a broken leg....

MLB ERA

Well, remember, he had adrenaline going. Guys have done more unbelievable things. Tiger Woods this past weekend? Or Jason Hirsch pitching 5 innings last year on a broken leg....
    Have you ever had a suture break?

I've had one dislodged postop and it was not fun or pretty...it led to fluid pockets and 8 more days in the hospital and 35 pound weight loss...all for a ****ing appendicitis.

Which people have one day and are out the next.

Trust me, it's not something he could have done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast