Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ssssshhhhh.......(no-no for Lester?)

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: ssssshhhhh.......(no-no for Lester?)

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    I'm NOT impressed! Congrats though!
    Yeah, coming back from cancer to throw a no-hitter isn't impressive at all, you biased ****.
    And you wonder why people hate Yankee fans.

Congrats to Lester on this awesome achievement, although it's not hard to throw a no-no for the Red Sox. Just make sure the ball is hit in the vicinity of Gold Glover Manny Ramirez.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    I'm NOT impressed! Congrats though!
    D-BAG!!! Typical from a fan of a team who has been the Rays b**** all season long.

Congrats to Lester. Coming back from cancer to throw a no-no is probably along the lines of Lance Armstrong coming back from cancer to win the Tour de France (whether or not he used roids).
    rf28

MLB ERA

Varitek called a great game and Lester didn't miss with any pitches. 2 baserunners, 9 K's. 130 pitches and his arm didn't fall off. Isn't it amazing that a pitcher can actually throw that many pitches?
    Hope this is a sign of things to come for this kid. He is quite a story.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

How about Varitek catching 4 no-no's now.
    rf28

BronxBomberz exhibits Metsfan-like characteristics, please don't mistake him for a true Yankee fan.

Very impressive in and of its own, the no-no is exponentially more amazing due to the fact that Lester came back from lymphoma. Well done, and congratulations to him and the Sox.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    And this is the kind of response that makes Yankee fans so obnoxious. Sorry to those Yankees Fans that are not like this.
    To be fair, a large portion of Red Sox fans (especially in the 16-22/Male demographic) are complete idiots. And they're usually a lot louder than the idiotic Yankee fans, at least in public.

Every good team has its disgraces.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    130 pitches, that is awesome.

Leonidas begs to differ.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    please don't mistake him for a true Yankee fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    To be fair, a large portion of Red Sox fans (especially in the 16-22/Male demographic) are complete idiots. And they're usually a lot louder than the idiotic Yankee fans, at least in public.

Every good team has its disgraces.
    I completely agree. I think Red Sox fans can be some of the biggest bandwagon fans out there. I'm not saying anyone on this forum is, because most of us here are true fans (minus those who can't appreciate a no-hitter because it's on their rival team). I'm just saying there are a TON of people from Boston who all of a sudden became sports fans when the Sox and Patriots started doing well. There were years not too long ago in the 90's where both sucked, and hardly anyone supported them. All of a sudden, they're the f*cking shit in that city. It kind of makes me mad, because so many fans stayed with the Yankees when they were absolutely awful a few decades ago. And because bandwagon fans make me mad in general.

But I'm done ranting. Most Boston fans outside of Boston are good, it's the ones from the city who think they're so awesome because their sports teams appeared out of the cellar all of a sudden.

I wouldn't be surprised if many Yankee fans have their fanhood tested in the next few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Closed
    AAA ERA

I agree that there are Redsox fans that can disgrace our team, but the Yankees fans can be loud and obnoxious as well. I have seen them at Fenway on many occassions. Regardless, what Jon Lester did last evening was a great thing no matter what team he was on.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28 View Post
    I found this to be the most impressive feat. To be on your game and guide guys through no hitters four times is just unheard of.

I'm sorry but Yankee fans are the worst by far and its not even close. The Yankee fans on this site have been the best I have encountered because for the most part they can get past their homerism and be objective. You go on other baseball chats and forums and its a different story. I can't tell you how many times Yankee fans tried to end any debate with them stating the number of championships. Boston fans are now giddy with them winning two championships in four years but their annoyance is mainly due to the ridicule they got from the Yankees fans. Yankee fans helped create "Red Sox Nation" and now have to deal with it.

Congrats to Lester, gotta love this amazing story.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28 View Post
    That is a great accomphlishment in itself. He is the one calling the pitches so it is a huge challenge for him to get a no hitter as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123