Thread: Bartolo Colon

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Bartolo Colon

Bartolo Colon threw 5 shutout innings for the Pawtucket Red Sox yesterday and faced just 16 batters, one above the minimum. He struck out 5 guys and reportedly hit 96 on the gun! 96!! Let's not forgot, however undeserving it was we're talking about a guy who won the AL Cy Young 3 years ago. I think Colon will eventually find himself thrust into the middle of the Red Sox rotation. Schilling may not return, Beckett could be banged up, Buchholz's innings will be limited...and if Colon keeps pitching like this, won't they have to find a spot for him? If the Sox get anything at all out of him it's good for them because they inked him to a minor league deal, but I think they will definitely get some production out of Shrektolo this year. Thoughts?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Bartolo Colon

96 mph? Then what the hell was up with him in the winter? Basically any scout who saw him started waving the big old red flags. I can't imagine that such a short period of time (for additional rehab/healing) could produce such results. If it's true, then I can't see the BoSox not frantically searching for a spot for Colon.

MLB ERA

It only seems logical that he be in that rotation eventually. I don't think it's just probable, it's a definate
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If he is 96 mph, there is no question. The dominant outing is one thing, as minor leaguers might either be in awe of seeing a big name like that and actually facing him, but for him to supposedly be bringing the heat again is another thing.

Any report on how his breaking stuff looked brownie?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Colon said he was pleased with his slider and able to throw it well...his pitching coach said he mixed his fastball, slider, and change well.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.