Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Sox Win MLB Opener!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Red Sox Win MLB Opener!!

Manny Ramirez had a pair of two-run doubles, the second breaking a tie 4-4 in the top of the 10th, as the Red Sox beat the A’s 6-5 in the 2008 season opener Tuesday in Japan.
    Ramirez thought his blast to right-center off Huston Street was gone and was barely out of the box by the time it bounced off the wall. Still, no one is going to complain about Manny being Manny when he’s driving in four runs a game. The win ended up going to Hideki Okajima, who worked a scoreless ninth. Jonathan Papelbon closed it out, though he needed some help. Emil Brown doubled in a run with one out, only to get thrown out trying to take third while Daric Barton came around to score. The A's had two more hits afterwards and would have at least tied the game
    Sounds like a great game for the Japanese fans and the American fans that woke up at 4am to see it. I don't like our games being played over there but I get what they are doing. It also sounds like the A's need to plunk Manny Ramirez to send a ****ing message. He just stood there and watched the ball. He does this all the ****ing time!! The A's need to send a message tomorrow because it is classless and not needed in the sport. It's game one asshole!! Manny can still be Manny but have to pay for it. If he doesn't stop, start plunking the guy behind him. Emil Brown did **** the A's over too!

MLB ERA

Re: Red Sox Win MLB Opener!!

The Red Sox got SO LUCKY because of Emil Brown's stupid mistake. If he is safe at 2nd, the A's win it with the single, double, and grounder to first. Stuipd Emil Brown. And Papelbon decided to give my fantasy team not only a save, but a 9.00 ERA and a 4.00 WHIP. Great. I HATE THE RED SOX.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

OUCH! Blown save on your first opportunity.

Street will rebound though. It is only the first game.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

It was a good game, I was watching it in school and was so happy when Moss hit that homer

I agree with you on Manny, Reef. Somebody needs to put a stop to it, not just him, but all of the guys that do it. He however is the worst I've seen. Realistically, Sox management should sit him for it, but then he'd probably go off on one of his "I want to be traded episodes". I really like Manny, but he sure brings alot of extra baggage!!!! I'd like to see all the guys have ridiculous celebrations, or stand there take a good shot in the ribs. I'd like to see the guys that hang out over the plate hit a time or two also.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Lance,
    I have been a Bonds fan his whole career and ****ing hated it when he stood there and watch balls and in his later years not running balls out! Show some respect to the game and the guy throwing 90+ at you! Glad you can see outside the box.

Red Sox Re: Red Sox Win MLB Opener!!

Red Sox pitching is vulnerable. Dice-K not living up to the LeBron James level hype he got since 2007. A's win game 2.

And what's so classless about standing there when it flies? He wants to know when it's a HR or not.

If someone scored a game winning goal in hockey, and stands there raising his hands, would that be classless?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Comparing hockey and baseball is just dumb! Game winning goals don't inolve showing anyone up or running bases. Plus the game is over. I didn't think Joe Carter showed up anyone when he hit the game winning shot. Plus he ran to first and didn't just stand there. Did anyone teach you how to play baseball the right way? if he wants to know if it's a homerun or not, he can run the bases like 98% of the other players do and wait for the umpire to give the signal. If it's not a homerun, he looks like the dumbass he is and costs his team an extra base. He also shows up the pitchers. Do you like to get shown up?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I think Manny is being a jerk when he does that and I don't like it at all. Manny's a very free-spirited guy and sometimes it's funny, but I can't stand this showing up of the pitcher.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    I think Manny is being a jerk when he does that and I don't like it at all. Manny's a very free-spirited guy and sometimes it's funny, but I can't stand this showing up of the pitcher.
    I'll be honest, I don't mind it. In fact, I think it's kind of cool. It adds to the beauty of some of their swings. And he still came inches from the home run, so I don't have a problem with it. If he did it every time he hit a fly ball, it would be different. But really, I don't have a problem with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Manny Ramirez vs. Jose Valverde. Winner gets showboating rights for 10 minutes immediately after. Git r done.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I dont mind it when any player does it. But it should only be done in certain situations. Their antics loose there purpose when done on a regular basis. That is just me though.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

You aren't the guys getting shown up! If you were, I am sure you would be on my side. There is a right way and a wrong way to play the game.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

That is true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast