Thread: Schilling is close to a deal

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Schilling is close to a deal

With the BoSox. Just heard a blurb on it on ESPN. Anyone have any more on this.

And, do you guys want him back?

AA ERA

Re: Schilling is close to a deal

I saw the same thing just now on ESPN, honestly I'm completely content about him coming back for one more season. If I had to guess his salary is going to be around the same as it was last season which was $13 million. He had a pretty good regular season and has always been known for his postseason success.

I'm also thinking Pettitte opting out today and the uncertainty of what he may do, may have caused the Red Sox to make a big push to resign him in fear of the Yankees going after him.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA

Damnit Schilling you were supposed to leave the division.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

AA ERA

I'm just glad the Red Sox wanted to resign him and he wanted to retire in Boston. I don't know if I could tolerate another Johnny Damon type situation.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He could have gone to Arizona, that would have been fun.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

I didn't want him back, but I guess there aren't a lot of options out there. I just don't feel he's a good enough pitcher at this point in his career to make 13 Million, but it's only a one year deal. As somebody already stated I suspect the Sox became more urgent with the news of Petitte.

AA ERA

Well the BoSox and Schilling have completed their 1-year deal, it's going to be worth $8 million, that could possibly reach upwards of $14 million with incentives.

Schilling-Sox a done deal - BostonHerald.com

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

This goes in the "no shit" category.

AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    This goes in the "no shit" category.
    I thought thats what it was until you posted in here, I guess we should change it to "We'll take any shit".. Therefore, I grant you the freedom to post anything you like

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I am totally shocked!!! NOT...

Congrats to the Red Sox!!!

MLB.com says the Red Sox have confirmed a 1 year, $8 million deal with incentives to make it worth about $11 million. That being said, it was a real good signing for the Red Sox, even though I still don't like the guy. Fact is, for that price he makes the team better.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Strange deal. He gets $2 million extra for not being too fat. He gets another $1 million for receiving just ONE Cy Young vote (what's to stop him from paying a writer $100,000 to give him one vote, even if he's 5-13 with a 4.76 ERA?). Schilling gets another $3 million for pitching a certain number of innings.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

That is a weird contract.