Thread: Crisp may have broken finger, could be out 1-2 months

Crisp may have broken finger, could be out 1-2 months

All I can say is...eek...

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/...=.jsp&c_id=bos

BALTIMORE -- As they were winging their way back to Boston following a 5-1 road trip to open the season, the Red Sox were presented with their first hurdle of the 2006 season.

WHDH-TV in Boston reported on Sunday evening that starting center fielder Coco Crisp could miss up to one month as the result of a broken knuckle in his left index finger.

Reached by phone on Sunday night, team spokesman John Blake told MLB.com that the club could not confirm the report and that there was no immediate change to the original diagnosis of a jammed finger. Crisp will be examined by the team's medical staff on Monday.

Crisp, batting .333 with a .458 slugging percentage in his first five games, injured the digit while sliding awkwardly into third base during a steal attempt in the third inning of Saturday's win in Baltimore.

Adam Stern replaced him in the leadoff spot and in center field.

By the end of Boston's 2-1 victory on Saturday, Crisp had started to feel a little swelling and stiffness in the finger. Manager Terry Francona said before Sunday's game that it was believed to be a minor injury, and that his absence from the lineup was basically just a precaution.

Crisp also indicated before Sunday's 4-1 win at Baltimore that he felt an X-ray would be unnecessary.

"We have the off-day [on Monday], so it's a perfect time to let it heal," said Crisp, who also said it was his full intention to be in the starting lineup when the Red Sox take the field on Tuesday afternoon for their home opener against Toronto.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    No big deal. Check out this outfield:

LF: Man-Ram
    CF: Nixon
    RF: Pena

pinch-hitter: Stern

AA ERA
    Dammit... I was just starting to go Cuckoo for Coco Crisp too!
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Rookie ERA
    Lets hope he gets back soon, from the one game I got to see he was doing a solid job.

MLB ERA
    Nixon in center would be even more disastrous than WMP in center, DK. At least WMP's knees are good.

MLB ERA
    give Stern more time
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...s/extra_bases/

Red Sox medical director Dr. Thomas Gill this afternoon issued the following statement regarding the condition of outfielder Coco Crisp:

“Coco has a non-displaced fracture at the base of his left index finger. He will be placed in a splint for 10 days and reevaluated at that time. Once sufficient healing has occurred, Coco can begin batting and return to baseball activities. No surgery is indicated at this time.”

Could be better...could be worse

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Crisp was on a roll and this hurts this offense any way you try to slice it.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    and a couple of my fantasy teams!

I Told You It Was A Bad Trade!!! Viva La Marte!!! >_> >_>

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    a lot of good he'd be doing seeing as how he's in AAA

AA ERA
    Crisp will be fine and when he returns he will make most Boston fans forget about Andy Marte. I was skeptical when the trade first happened but after what he did in Spring Training and what he had done up until he broke his finger, I have been more than pleased with him.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    It is still a good trade. Look at what Crisp was doing thus far.