Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Thread

LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

this wasnt a good semifinals for the losing teams point guards. alot of people dismiss shit like this... but i really believe you have to lose, to learn how to win. it wouldnt hurt if they got rose something more than role players to play next to though. noah, deng, gibson do what they do well and bogans really frustrated wade all night tonight... carlos boozer is still a corpse though, but none of them are consistent scorers. miami's defense was very strong, but chicago still missed its fair share of open looks. korver missed a couple open 3s early in the game, brewer as well. and chicagos defense was WAY too aggressive... i never seen so many pump fakes bit on since nba 2k7. at one point it was the entire miami offense... give it to bosh, let him pump fake, and go to the rack.

miamis offense didnt look all that impressive either. chicagos d is very good i admit, but the heat were sloppy as hell all series... stupid turnovers, sloppy ball handling, and only bosh and bron knocked down open js. if they play like this vs dallas, dirk puts em away in 5, maybe 6. dirk had an awesome series vs okc... against 3 legitimate defensive big men. joel anthony impressed me a bit, but hes a 6 foul body in reality, and after him, whos gonna get in dirks face and push him around and try to stop him [forgot about haslem, but hes 6'7", dirk will shoot over him all day]? plus he has jj barea, who is god embodied in a puerto rican midget.

so yea... dallas in 6. unless joey crawford refs 3-4 games.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i had taped the game, and made that post at about the start of the 4th quarter. so... i didnt even realize that chicago blew a 12 point lead with 4 minutes to go. at 3:53 it was 76-64. from that point on... they were outscored 19-4. the funny thing is, if the bulls pull this game out... kurt thomas is the hero. he played a really nice 4th quarter.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

at least none of the chicago players walked off the court before showing love. what a shit last possession for chicago... good d by miami admittedly.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The heat had stretches where the defense was completely frightening. Chris Bosh and Joel Anthony were even having block parties. It's going to be entertaining to see them face the veteran saavy scoring team in Dallas.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Oh and thanks Carlos Boozer for resurrecting the Zombie Bosh. I can't even call him that until Dirk eviscerated him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Eviscerates.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    The heat had stretches where the defense was completely frightening. Chris Bosh and Joel Anthony were even having block parties. It's going to be entertaining to see them face the veteran saavy scoring team in Dallas.
    i cannot see them putting anyone but anthony or haslem on dirk. bosh had a couple backside blocks, and i believe he blocked a kurt thomas jumper straight up... but kurt thomas aint dirk. dirk will murder bosh if they attempt to entertain the notion of putting him on dirk for any period of time. if im a miami fan, id rather see lebron on dirk than bosh.

as it is, in terms of crunch time lineups... assuming miami goes wade, miller, bron, bosh, anthony and dallas goes kidd, jet, marion, dirk, chandler...

anthony covers dirk, bosh covers chandler, bron covers kidd, wade covers jet and miller covers marion. the other way... dirk covers anthony [while giving backside help on penetrators], chandler covers bosh, marion covers bron, kidd covers wade and jet hangs out on the perimeter close to miller, to double when neccessary.

[not to say you suggested bosh covering dirk... i just used your post as an opening for me to babble for a bit. hopefully giantsfanatic doesnt find something off topic about it.]

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

that said, the only thing that scares me for dallas is... every crunch time play for them seems to be... set a screen with dirk, hope his guy goes to cover kidd/barea/terry but if he doesnt, give it to dirk anyway. nobody else on the team, minus barea shockingly [and without bias i make that statement], can create a shot for themselves.

MLB ERA

I was only saying something when I just see post about the mock draft and how bad of a hire was Mike Brown in a NBA playoff thread that's all.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

yea so stop nitpicking and just enjoy the nba conversation. not everything has to be perfectly categorized, theres good conversation going on in this thread on multiple categories. if youd like, im sure zito could change the topic to playoffs/offseason 2011.

Banned
    Rookie ERA

I hate Dirk, but not as much as Lebron and his posse. Please for the sake of Cleveland can Dallas wipe the court with Lebron, D-Wade, and Bosh.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

So what the fuck happened last night? I was at the bar and the Bulls were up with 3 minutes to go. I go smoke a cig and come back and the Heat are celebrating. How can you choke like that in an elimination game?? I sure hope the Mavs win this series.

MLB ERA

I was at my softball game that we won, so based on the outcome of this game, in a way I'm glad I missed it, or else I would have been furious!!!!

Rookie ERA

NBA refs are so bad it's ridiculous.

And I thought I hated MLB Umpires.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast