Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010-2011 NBA Season and Playoffs Thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Thread

hammer mock volume TWO ! because im hardcore like chad ford... nothing says mock draft like reading meaningless combine results while watching daniel tosh and drinking jack daniels when you have to go to work in an hour and a half... boo ya !

1. cleveland - kyrie irving, pg duke
    dont care hes fat... hes the best player in the draft, and the only one i can see actually becoming a face of a franchise.

2. minnesota - enes kanter, c turkey
    yep, logically its still the best fit. i could see them trading the pick though, because thats how kahn rolls. nothing says awesome like trading the 2nd pick to keep mike beasley and/or darko in your starting lineup, while hoping uselessly that ricky rubio comes over, so you dont also have to keep jonny flynn in your starting lineup!

3. utah - brandon knight, pg kentucky
    as far as im hearing, the utah gm loves him. does that mean anything if the owner storms into the draft room and goes "I WANT DERRICK WILLIAMS OR JIMMER FREDETTE... OR BOTH"? not at all, but i wanted to take a different look at the rest of the lottery for now. still think itll be williams.

4. cleveland - derrick williams, sf arizona
    and the kid with the glasses that somehow jay z made into a fashion statement, is still fist pumping.

5. toronto - kawhi leonard, sf san diego state
    still like the fit... dont tell me they wouldnt love to move up to 2 to make sure they got derrick williams though. 5th pick and anybody on the roster not named derozan or davis for the 2? perhaps you send that offer to kahn and he goes "YOU MEAN I CAN GET BARGNANI OR CALDERONS CONTRACT!" i could see kahn picking jerryd bayless too.

6. washington - jan vesely, pf czech republic
    yea, evidently they love him. for some reason foreigners love washington, since kanter has said he wants to go to washington. maybe overseas, they only show tapes from 2005, so they all go "man that gilbert arenas, he seems like such an awesome guy to play ball with." in any case, i have no idea about the fit, since vesely has the same skill set as pretty much everyone else on their roster except john wall. i still like the alec burks fit.

7. sacramento - bismack biyombo, pf congo
    somebody to play defense i suppose, it was him or tristan thompson. i just dont see how kemba walker would fit on this team, so everybody who keeps telling me thats who their pick would be... can suck it. since evans is a bigger stronger version of kemba walker. and demarcus cousins might literally be able to eat kemba walker, at least tyreke could probably fight him off.

8. detroit - kemba walker, pg uconn
    im going to single handedly try to sell this pick to america. love the fit, love the rebranding of the franchise... the people of detroit, and moreover, the nba need this. kemba to detroit!

9. charlotte - alec burks, sg colorado
    best scorer remaining, i like the fit, especially since jordan hamilton showed up fat to the combine. to be honest, i seemingly like the fit of burks on any team... hes gonna be a defender, hes gonna attack the rim, and hes gonna be fine being a 4th or 5th option. hes everything i thought xavier henry would be. except i thought henry had a jump shot... which he completely proved wrong in memphis. ladies and gentleman... alec henry! or xavier burks! still like them both though.

10. milwaukee - chris singleton, sf florida state
    i think they have the luxury of taking a foreigner here, and stashing him on the end of the bench for a while, since i think this team could be the 6-8 seed in the east so long as jennings and bogut are healthy. but scott skiles might make said foreigner cry by trying to explain the concept of defense. so i took the best defensive wing, over the best remaining defensive big man (tristan thompson), since a. you need to play defense if youre on a scott skiles team... and b. i cant see how thompson differs any from larry sanders, who at least has a developing jumper. yea, singleton is a lot like mbah a moute... except that i think singleton has the better jumper of those two. so yea.

11. golden state - donatas motiejunas, pf lithuania
    all these 4th jonas [valanciunas] brother lovers can suck it. im a donatas guy through and through! take a foreigner, stash him in europe or on your bench, youre not cracking the playoffs in the west anyway.

12. utah - klay thompson, sg washington state
    i still like the fit. tristan thompson is as small as paul millsap, without any ascernable offensive skills. get a scorer in the back court, and let knight distribute throughout this team.

13. phoenix - marcus morris, sf kansas
    the way this team is constructed is pretty funny. its like... half their team can only shoot, half their team can only play defense, and marcin gortat, who was actually pretty solid down the stretch admittedly. maybe grant hill can teach morris how to play defense, since im sure theyll use morris at the 3 anyway.

14. houston - jonas valanciunas, c lithuania
    take a foreigner and stash him, since youre not gonna crack the playoffs in the west anyway, unless yao stays healthy... which is about as likely as... something unlikely.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Going back to the Mike Dunleavy speculation, I like how the LA sports radio guys were running through the pros and cons of each candidate for the Lakers' head coaching vacancy, and the pro for Dunleavy was that he once coached the Lakers to the Finals. Like, hello? That was twenty years ago!
    well that certainly sells that, the new laker coach! what was the positive for mike brown? he was the cavs coach throughout lebrons reign, because lebron was able to trample him the entire time, so thusly lebron liked him?

just for good measure... lebron

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That's basically it. The pro for Mike Brown was that his Cavs won a lot of games. The con obviously was that it was all because of LeBron.

And I can already see the parallels in apologies that Laker homers will make for Dunleavy and apologies that Charger homers made for Norv Turner. Blame the owner of his former team, blame the lack of talent, nitpick that his successor failed to match his best season.

MLB ERA

Using that logic, Phil Jackson didn't win any games, only Jordan and Bryant did.

Banned
    Rookie ERA

Thunder's quiet 1st quarter is the downfall for them.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

BTW, where has the great Kendrick Perkins been in this series? With the hype over his trade to OKC, you would have thought OKC had acquired Bill Russell from the Celtics.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mike Miller scored a basket last night. The world will end...this weekend.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

shocking reappearances of mike miller and udonis haslem all in one series... if mike bibby makes an appearance, i shudder to think.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Even more shocking, if Russell Wes... ah fuck it, nevermind.

I've been drawn to the Heat this season and this postseason. Long live the villain or some shit.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mike Brown is now the favorite for the Lakers? Really? Really? Brian Shaw will be trumped for fucking Mike Brown? Jesus
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Not that I am saying Brian Shaw will be a great coach, or even a good coach, but who knows? Why go for a guy who only had the best record in the league and made the post season at all, is cause Lebron carried a bunch of Eric Snows, Anthony Parkers, and Chris Dudleys. Maybe not the last guy, but close.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

volume 3... and go...

1. cleveland - kyrie irving, pg duke
    no change, irving is still number 1 until i hear of something absolutely drastic. and even then, i question it.

2. minnesota - enes kanter, c turkey
    still no change, but i still think this pick has a ton of possibilities. im actually looking at this being a tradeable pick, alot of teams are gonna wanna jump up to grab williams. i also see minnesota trying to shop beasley, but im not sure whod want him. still alot of intrigue around this pick, but im sticking with kanter given their current roster.

3. utah - derrick williams, sf arizona
    i still see him as a small forward in the league, though the power forward thought still seems to be prevalent from everyone else. i dont see utah passing on him though, i believe theyll go bpa, especially when the league wide consensus is williams is the 2nd best talent in the draft.

4. cleveland - alec burks, sg colorado
    im so torn with this pick. i think with them offering this pick to memphis for rudy gay, they want to put a product on the floor right now, instead of grabbing a foreigner for the future. id think theyd like to add a scorer in the back court though, instead of a defensive based player. but since the best scorer on the board, and likely in the draft, is kemba, i cant see them stunting irving like that. i think burks has a better shot of turning into a scorer than leonard however, so i went that way.

5. toronto - kawhi leonard, sf san diego state
    no change here, though if cleveland takes him, this pick gets really interesting. just like him as a fit in the scheme.

6. washington - jan vesely, pf czech republic
    no change. this is a team that seems to like to trade around draft time... kanter wants to go to washington, i wouldnt be shocked to see them try to pull something off. especially since, despite the flashes mcgee and blatche show, washington never seems fully committed to them. but for now, without projecting trades, ill stick with vesely.

7. sacramento - brandon knight, pg kentucky
    alot of people are railing knight lately for being a score first pg, and perhaps he was. but ive always been under the interpretation he showed alot of pg skills in his year at kentucky, and i like him as a pg and a facilitator. i think its a good fit.

8. detroit - kemba walker, pg uconn
    yea, no shock here.

9. charlotte - josh selby, pg/sg kansas
    hes rising hugely, and i still havent got a clue with this team.

10. milwaukee - chris singleton, sf florida state
    no change, like the fit.

11. golden state - jordan hamilton, sf texas
    i go back and forth with this pick as to whether they stash a foreigner, grab another defensive big man or go elsewhere. i went elsewhere... the two best defensive bigs on the board [biyombo and thompson] are too similar to udoh. i still dont trust the foreign ball players, and rumors are saying valanciunas is gonna pull out of the draft anyway. hamilton still might be the best pure scorer in the draft behind kemba.

12. utah - marshon brooks, sg purdue
    hes rising, and hes not as one dimensional as thompson, whos been the pick the previous couple mocks. his length is crazy for a 2 guard too.

13. phoenix - tyler honeycutt, sf ucla
    like the fit, could be a boris diaw type in this scheme. the ucla players seem to be rising, him and malcolm lee. torn between honeycutt and klay thompson, who would likely also fit this system.

14. houston - donatas motiejunas, pf lithuania
    they have a ton of decent talents on this team, but nothing overly special. not to say motiejunas would be, but i think they go for ceiling instead of immediate dividends right now.
    Last edited by Hammer; 05-25-2011 at 12:50 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

yea, i read a ton last night/this morning that mike brown was more or less the la coach at this point... infact around 3:00 i was gonna apologize to mofo. im always of the belief of giving the new guy the chance, instead of the old retread... rarely does the old dog figure out new tricks. the only thing ill say for mike brown is... maybe he is a good coach, and was just never given a chance to show it because lebron had to be catered to.

i doubt that myself... but if im a laker fan, thats what im telling myself.

Rookie ERA

The Bulls played like shit last night. They look like the team everyone (including myself) predicted them to be at the beginning of the season.

You can't turn the ball over and expect to hold a lead against the Heat. Oh, and the play calling at the end of the game was baffling. Rose was happing trouble getting past James all night. Why in the world would you call that play with one play left and the W in our grasps?

Super frustrated. I can see the Bulls turning it on for game 5, but game 6 will be the final. I hope I'm wrong.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    yea, i read a ton last night/this morning that mike brown was more or less the la coach at this point... infact around 3:00 i was gonna apologize to mofo. im always of the belief of giving the new guy the chance, instead of the old retread... rarely does the old dog figure out new tricks. the only thing ill say for mike brown is... maybe he is a good coach, and was just never given a chance to show it because lebron had to be catered to.

i doubt that myself... but if im a laker fan, thats what im telling myself.
    I guess it depends if the Lakers reshape the roster, I can't imagine they'll stand pat, but if Brown struggled to handle one sizable ego- how does he fare with Kobe, Poo Gasol, Odom, Artest, and Bynum? And the expectations that Los Angeles always has for its teams? .....Mike Brown sucks as an analyst though, I know that much.
    Ted

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast