Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010-2011 NBA Season and Playoffs Thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I am just pissed that Westbrook either became something he's not, or, decided at the worst possible time to realize what he truly is. In the playoffs. Meanwhile, Harden is doing just about everything when I thought he was just a shooter.

Everything I ever knew has been a lie, Hammer.
    coming out of arizona state, i thought harden was gonna be a nice crafty playmaker-distributor, that knew when to pick his spots. he seems to have finally grown into that role as a 6th man off the bench... we'll see if he continues to grow in that role, or thinks hes too much like westbrook was doing for a bit.

as for westbrook... he didnt even know how to play the pg position coming out of ucla. hes growing into the role, hes just too much of an alpha, and durant doesnt seem to have that yet. once durant KNOWS hes the unquestioned leader of this team, then he'll keep guys like westbrook and harden in check, and in their role. durant isnt there yet... maybe next year... maybe later this series. he shows glimpses of it [game 7 vs memphis, game 1 vs dallas], but he doesnt turn it on and keep it on 100% of the time [tonight, where he took the back seat in crunch time to harden... many games earlier in the playoffs to westbrook].

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

then again... maybe i just think every really great scorer and leader, should make their teammates cry like mike and kobe

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I personally think an alpha should have a shooting touch and make others better, not suck from deep and turn it over like apple pie. Westbrook needs to create and defend a 40 year old guy and 4'0 paperboy. At some point, this is going to click with him right? It's not a good sign he hasn't realized they're so much better when he isn't putting up 30 shots. I mean, the Bulls suck typically when Rose does that and Rose IS the man in Chicago.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

oh i agree, thats what an alpha SHOULD be... i was just saying that westbrook has that alpha mentality, whereas durant doesnt quite have it yet. once he gets it, or realizes he has it, he'll keep harden and westbrook in their place.

Banned
    Rookie ERA

It would be wonderful if Oklahoma City pulls this off and wins this Championship. The NBA Commish and Big Wigs who want the Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks would be shitting out ratings if OKC makes it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I personally think an alpha should have a shooting touch and make others better, not suck from deep and turn it over like apple pie. Westbrook needs to create and defend a 40 year old guy and 4'0 paperboy. At some point, this is going to click with him right? It's not a good sign he hasn't realized they're so much better when he isn't putting up 30 shots. I mean, the Bulls suck typically when Rose does that and Rose IS the man in Chicago.
    i missed this earlier... how dare you knock the best player in the league right now not named amare or zbo.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

How do you know I wasn't talkin' about Brian Cardinal, bitch.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

kyrie irving and derrick williams showed up fat to the combine. both with body fat percentages over 10.

trey thompkins (over 15%), jeremy tyler (over 13%) and jordan williams (over 12%) were the fattest. justin harper, brandon knight and charles jenkins were the skinniest, low 4's.

kemba walker was a legit 6'1" with shoes on, thats huge for his stock... and kenny faried had a 9 foot standing reach, while only being 6'6". to put that in perspective, derrick williams had a 9 foot standing reach at 6'8.75". and kawhi leonard had the biggest hands... 9.8 length, 11.3 width. shit like that gets kinda miniscule, though big hands do promote better ability to catch and hold onto the ball... i do think the fat percentages are worth looking at though. if youre not willing to get in shape to get paid, then i dont know whats gonna keep you in shape throughout the rigors of a season.

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba-draft-co...measurements-0

if anybody wants to take a look. kawhi leonard and marshon brooks' wingspans are huge too.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Brooks had the best wingspan among guards, Jeremy Tyler had a 7'5 wing span.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Leonard had all good measurements except he's shorter than 6'7 as typically listed. He'll still kick your ass when you're not looking!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Source: Russell Westbrook 'benching' stemmed from botched play - ESPN

"In the closing minute of the third quarter of Oklahoma City's 106-100 victory against Dallas, Westbrook made a play call that his teammates failed to run properly. When the play broke down, Westbrook made a one-on-one move that resulted in a turnover.

Thunder coach Scott Brooks promptly took Westbrook, who had four turnovers, out of the game. Brooks slapped the All-Star point guard on his backside as he walked by.

Westbrook turned around and glared at the court. Then, when Brooks walked toward him and made a comment, Westbrook yelled, "I'm trying to run the [expletive] play, man."

Westbrook continued yelling on the bench for roughly a minute -- saying, "Tell them to run the [expletive] play," according to the source -- prompting assistant coach Maurice Cheeks to console him as play continued. "

commence zito tirade in 3... 2... aaaand GO !

i particularly loved later in the article, that westbrook is viewed as the little brother of the team.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

looking at the combine measurements, i love how the morris boys are pretty much EXACTLY the same. if markieff got his body fat% down to where marcus' is, hed probably be 229 too. i read something somewhere, where they havent been apart for more than like 4 hours ever in their life, or some obscenely low number like that. i hope they get drafted onto the same team... theyre gonna be the new dream twin team, knocking the collins boys to 3rd !

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

According to hoopshype.com, Rasheed Wallace's contract with the Celtics runs through the year 2012. LOL, is it true he still counts against the Celtics' salary cap?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

they bought him out before they waived him, but yea, they likely owe partial money to him. go boston.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Going back to the Mike Dunleavy speculation, I like how the LA sports radio guys were running through the pros and cons of each candidate for the Lakers' head coaching vacancy, and the pro for Dunleavy was that he once coached the Lakers to the Finals. Like, hello? That was twenty years ago!

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast