Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010-2011 NBA Season and Playoffs Thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Thread

quick insomniac mock i just threw together, before i know about combine results and the like

1. Cleveland - Kyrie Irving, PG Duke
    2. Minnesota - Enes Kanter, C Turkey
    3. Utah - Derrick Williams, SF Arizona
    4. Cleveland - Jan Vesely, PF Czech Republic
    5. Toronto - Kawhi Leonard, SF San Diego State
    6. Washington - Alec Burks, SG Colorado
    7. Sacramento - Brandon Knight, PG Kentucky
    8. Detroit - Kemba Walker, PG UConn
    9. Charlotte - Marcus Morris, SF Kansas
    10. Milwaukee - Donatas Motiejunas, PF Lithuania
    11. Golden State - Jonas Valanciunas, C Lithuania
    12. Utah - Klay Thompson, SG Washington State (I can hear everyone in Utah revolting...)
    13. Phoenix - Markieff Morris, PF Kansas
    14. Houston - Jordan Hamilton, SF Texas

some quick thoughts before i try to go back to sleep...

irving to cleveland - the biggest unkept secret as of now, i really believe its a two horse race as people suggest... but i think its kanter over williams as the 2nd choice. but as of now, i think irving is the only potential franchise guy. and even though i dont think he would ever be in the elite pg argument, i do think he'll be the best player in the draft.

kanter to minnesota - love isnt a center, beasley is already a combo forward that can score... similar to williams, though williams is considerably less insane. unless they can find a suitor for beasley, or attract a true center [aka, not darko], i think they go with kanter. kanter seems to be in the marc gasol mold, as opposed to a bargnani mold, and i think that will translate better to the nba. not a sexy pick, but i think his skills can make him a gasol/bogut type player.

williams to utah - i think williams is a combo forward... he can play offense at an nba level, but im not sure which position he'll play on the defensive end. if his foot speed can prove up to par, i think he can be a kirilenko type, and if he can bulk up, he can be a boozer type. but those are two major ifs... as it is right now, i think he can be a nice 3rd option on utah right now [jefferson, harris, then him], though him and jefferson could be a nightmare defensively if they try to put them at the 4 and 5 respectively. me personally, id rather have brandon knight here... but due to what appears to be a league wide consensus, im not sure if utah would pull the trigger on that. it also depends what they think of devin harris, who im not very high on.

vesely to cleveland - i think hes the most nba ready foreigner. thats pretty much it... i like the 4 foreigners upside better than anybody elses in the draft except brandon knight and the 3 guys drafted above this spot, and quite honestly i dont see 2 of them translating to the nba quickly [biyombo and motiejunas], and i dont see 1 of them translating at all [valanciunas].

leonard to toronto - theres alot of reasons they could go brandon knight here, but i went with leonard just to keep with the up tempo foreign ball type pace they have in play already. they got bayless, who looked decent enough down the stretch... though i would argue is likely more a 2 than a 1... and calderon, who went down the tubes a ton over the last year, but i suppose we'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. i think leonard can run around and make hustle and defensive plays, which will allow derozan and bargnani to continue to be the offensive focal points here.

burks to washington - i considered kemba walker here, but walker, even though hes not truly a point guard, is a better playmaker with the ball in his hands obviously. i think burks can feed off wall a bit more, and burks is a nice athlete who can get up and down and make plays at the rim. i dont see burks as much of a shooter, nor do i think hes a combo guard as people say. but i do believe he can be a real nice defender, i think hes a solid fit for washington.

knight to sacramento - if the draft would happen to fall this way, this is a no brainer, and sacto rushes to the podium. evans needs to be switched to the off guard, and they need a guy who can evenly distribute between d-mo [cousins] and evans. plus knight can be the shooter in crunch time, if need be, as he showed in college the willingness to take those shots. but he'll be a superb distributor, and allow evans and cousins to be the scorers.

walker to detroit - a superior version of stuckey. a combo guard, but a leader and a winner... he will be the new face of this franchise, which is precisely what they need, to get away from the old guard of billups and wallace who are gone, and rip and prince who will be gone soon enough. you know theyre gonna lose... but walker and monroe are a nice start to rebuilding this team back up.

morris to charlotte - god only knows with this team. i just went best player available... yet this is a team that traded their best player [gerald wallace] for nickels. perhaps they go foreigner here, since theyre obviously a team thats looking 5 years down the road, and i dont think marcus morris is a face of a franchise... but since they can still compete in the east, go bpa, and pray.

alright im gonna try to sleep again, ill come back for more later if i fail at that.
    Last edited by Hammer; 05-19-2011 at 05:01 AM.

MLB ERA

Pistons are going to have an All-Uconn team.

They just need to trade for Ray Allen this offseason.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

nbadraftexpress has Josh Selby falling all the way to the Nets' pick that they got from the Lakers in the Sasha Vujacic/Joe Smith trade. I hate Mitch Kupchak.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

jose... juan... barea... my hero.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

nick collison is awesome too. he really really impressed me this entire playoffs.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

what logic does it make to have game 3 of okc-dallas come on saturday, before game 3 of the miami-chicago series, which is sunday.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    nbadraftexpress has Josh Selby falling all the way to the Nets' pick that they got from the Lakers in the Sasha Vujacic/Joe Smith trade. I hate Mitch Kupchak.
    I'm not really sure I understand why Josh Selby would irk you, of all potential picks. Or is it just the idea that Kupcake gave up a pick with Sasha's Vaginaitch
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Osama Bin Harden continues to be as much of a play maker as Westbrick. I don't get it.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

zitos new favorite human on the planet... scotty brooks. russell westbrook: 0 minutes in the 4th quarter.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

jason kidd sucks wheres jj

actually kidds done a decent enough job on defense when hes matched on durant... but that was a wide open triple that jj wouldve undoubtedly knock down so prettily, theyd have given him 5 points

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I am just pissed that Westbrook either became something he's not, or, decided at the worst possible time to realize what he truly is. In the playoffs. Meanwhile, Harden is doing just about everything when I thought he was just a shooter.

Everything I ever knew has been a lie, Hammer.
    Ted

Banned
    Rookie ERA

Anyone winning this championship, but Lebron and the Heat.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ew, that was ugly.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

peja can suck it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

"You should be interviewing those guys" ....reason 10349403 I have a Durant crush.
    Ted

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast