Thread: Loewen to head to Bullpen when he returns

Closed
    AAA ERA

Orioles Loewen to head to Bullpen when he returns

Statrting Pitcher Adam Loewen will have a change of scenery when he returns to the baltimore Orioles in a week or two. He will not be placed back into the Starting Rotation . He will go to the bullpen for the remainder of season and maybe even beyond that. The Orioles Manager dave Trembley confirmed this in an interview after the Orioles game this afternoon. They want to limit the pressure that Loewen would have on his arm if he came back into the rotation, Trembley explained to the press. I really wonder how Adam Loewen will except the news. Will he see it as a demotion and be affected by this or will he go into the bullpen and strenghten his arm and become better for the future?

MLB ERA

Re: Loewen to head to Bullpen when he returns

that's an interesting move, i thought he was showing promise as a starter. i'm too lazy to look into his numbers, but i think he's done a decent job in progressing
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Closed
    AAA ERA

I think from what I heard from the interview it is more of a concern of his past arm troubles he has had the past two seasons. I agree though I thought he had a promising future as a starter.

Hopefully it is just for the remainder of this season. He has the potential to be a great starter. Could potentially replace Bedard's spot soon, that is if he is able to recover and return to the rotation.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

Closed
    Rookie ERA

Loewen is back on the D.L. with just pitching in one or two short outings with the same issues in his arm. He does have a lot of potential and I hope he can come back to full strength maybe as early as next season and help this young and improving rotation.

Closed
    Rookie ERA

Sorry for the back to back posting, but I just heard new information on tonights Orioles broadcast that Adam Loewen could be going the same route as Rick Ankiel. The Ankiel/Loewen situation is a little different because Ankiel couldn't find the plate and Loewen has had Tommy John surgery. Both Ankiel and Loewen can hit so Loewen may make that step in his career.