Thread: Long Awaited D-Cab

Closed
    AAA ERA

Player Long Awaited D-Cab

It has been several years for this promising young pitcher to finally mature and this year seems to be the year that it has finally happened. Daniel Cabrera has always had difficulty with throwing strikes and being wild in his previous seasons. He seems to have turned it around this season. He has pitched in 55 innings and has only walked 24 so far which is way below his average. He has also posted a respectable ERA in 3.48 and has a record of 5-1. Cabrera has always been a hard thrower who can strikeout a lot and he has been stellar with that again this season. He has struckout 41 in those 55 innings pitched so far. The Orioles pitching coach has said Cabrera's improvement is because they has simplified his approach to the game and facing batters. Cabrera focus is now to throw more fast balls and not worry about his off speed stuff as much.

My question to everyone is do you think he will continue in this manner or will he revert back to the old D-Cab before the end of this season?

MLB ERA

Re: Long Awaited D-Cab

I think he will go back, but he definitely could keep it going.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    I think he will go back, but he definitely could keep it going.
    Wow, you sure are on the fence with that.

I really think if he they are able to keep it simple as they are right now he will be successful. The little I have seen of him he sure looks like his pitches are the shit.

MLB ERA

haha i am actually on the fence. but i do think he will revert back eventually, but it won't be more until august or september. he'll keep this up for a good few more months
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Closed
    AAA ERA

From what I have read about this he is a very hard player to teach new things to. That is why the pitching coach is dumbing it down for him. So far it seems to have worked.

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Rick Kranitz worked with Daniel in the winter league and he was throwing a changeup, I have not seen much of that as of yet, but the bottom line is that Cabrera has alot of movement on the fastball when he throws it 91-93 mph, a 2 seam, now that he is not throwing the ball 100 mph and falling off to the right of his body, he has better command. I think Kranitz deserves alot of credit for Cabrera and I do think Daniel is ready to turn the corner and be the ace of this staff.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    It has been several years for this promising young pitcher to finally mature and this year seems to be the year that it has finally happened. Daniel Cabrera has always had difficulty with throwing strikes and being wild in his previous seasons. He seems to have turned it around this season. He has pitched in 55 innings and has only walked 24 so far which is way below his average. He has also posted a respectable ERA in 3.48 and has a record of 5-1. Cabrera has always been a hard thrower who can strikeout a lot and he has been stellar with that again this season. He has struckout 41 in those 55 innings pitched so far. The Orioles pitching coach has said Cabrera's improvement is because they has simplified his approach to the game and facing batters. Cabrera focus is now to throw more fast balls and not worry about his off speed stuff as much.

My question to everyone is do you think he will continue in this manner or will he revert back to the old D-Cab before the end of this season?
    No WAY he keeps this up. He always breaks down with a higher workload later in the season, and, fact is, his BABIP is .406 when he's up 0-2.

True, his other numbers have improved, but until he really starts finishing off hitters, and not having a .284 BABIP when he has 2 strikes, I can't say he's made a turn around.

Not to mention he's gotten lucky in his clutch situations, too lucky, and he cannot pitch to lefties in a lefty heavy division.

I'll take the under on 13 wins for him.