Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Adam Dunn For Andrew Jones?

I disagree. To a team like the Nats, he is more valuable.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    To every team with a semi-competent CF.

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Because it;s not like we won in 95 and went to the WS in 96 and 99, right?
    Yeah, so you guys won as many World championships in the 90s as the Reds.

Whooppee.

MLB ERA
    What does the past have to do with ANYTHING?

To bring team success into the debate, from a Reds fan, is pretty damn laughable. The Reds right now are in a re-building stage and the Braves right now are looking pretty damn solid. It is not a fair comparison at this point in time.

MLB ERA
    Actually, you guys are the ones who brought up the winning card by trying to say Jones is better because he's on a winning team.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien

To bring team success into the debate, from a Reds fan, is pretty damn laughable. The Reds right now are in a re-building stage and the Braves right now are looking pretty damn solid. It is not a fair comparison at this point in time.
    Sorry, I couldn't resist after you Braves fans brought up winning by saying that the Reds are a "suck team". I thought that was a little low when the discussion was about an individual player (Dunn).

Hey, you reap what you sow. If you don't want such comments don't lower the tone in the first place.

Don't propose stupid trade offers and I won't "lower the tone." This is not aimed at Sea Ray, by the way; he didn't take this offer seriously. This is aimed at you homers.

MLB ERA

welp let me remind you of what YOU said earlier on.

http://strike3forums.com/forums/show...7&postcount=53

Point is, if Dunn is truly a Top 15 player then he should have made a larger impact on the W-L column. You don't need superb pitching to win games. Just enough to get by.
    And theres your EXACT quote from that link. You are the one who said Dunn wasnt a top 15 player because his team sucked. So dont say Reds fans were the first to bring this into it.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    I never said the reds sucked. You are just making assumptions.

MLB ERA
    The Reds do suck, and Adam Dunn is a great player. The effect of a single player not named Barry Bonds is maxed out at about 12 wins above replacement level (and that Pujols territory). Yes a player can be great while his team sucks.

That said, trading Andruw Jones for Adam Dunn makes little long-term sense. Andruw Jones would be difficult to replace, and the Braves have Chipper Jones, who may eventually be forced back to the outfield or first base, and rookie Jeff Franceour at one corner outfield spot soon. Where Adam Dunn plays is actually a Braves organizational strength, if not an immediate one.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

And we don't have a CFer to replace Jones. I'm not sold on Lang in CF.

I never said the reds sucked. You are just making assumptions.
    Oh contrare. You are the one who lowered this discussion by bringing up the "sucky Reds". Your comment above denying such couldn't be more wrong and I'll prove it:

He is a good player on a sucky team. Period. And that will probably remain for the rest of his career, unless he is lucky enough to get traded. Which I think Cincy ought to do, because he is the only way they can get some pitching prospects to build around.
    If you had only so much as admitted your comment I'd have little to quibble with you but your comment that you never said the Reds suck is an out and out lie! You clearly said the Reds are a sucky team! Pull a Bill Clinton if you want and say I took the above comment out of context or be a real man and own up to what you have said on the record. The choice is yours.

Define "Sucky" please.

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA
    No way... This won't happen... I wouldn't do it if I were the Braves.

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Define "Sucky" please.
    I can't wait for this one

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast