Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hanson Is A Freak

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Braves Hanson Is A Freak

In another dominant performance, Tommy Hanson allowed one hit over five scoreless innings and fanned 10 Monday for Mesa of the AFL.
    Tyler Flowers and Van Pope homered in the 13-6 victory, as Braves prospects continue to carry the Solar Sox. Hanson has fanned 30 in 15 innings in his last three starts and 49 in 28 2/3 innings overall while amassing a 0.63 ERA. He's all set up to start in Saturday's league championship game if Mesa advances.
    The 21 year old has been dominating his peers and looks like he is getting better and better with each passing day. Hanson was in constant trade talks during the courtship of Jake Peavy and is now evident why he is off limits. Hanson had a 3.03 ERA and 114 K's in 98 IP at AA last year and has a 2.73 ERA for his short minor league career. Hopefully for the Braves sake they can get Peavy or another frontline starter so they have a four headed monster in '10 with Hudson coming off TJ surgery, Hanson, Jurrjens and whoever they get this offseason.

MLB ERA

Re: Hanson Is A Freak

I've heard great things about Hanson. It sounds like he will be a great addition to the Braves in the future.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Braves pitching prospect Tommy Hanson was named MVP of the Arizona Fall League.
    Hanson is the first pitcher to ever win the award, yet was the clear choice after going 5-0 with a 0.63 ERA in seven starts. He has not pitched above Double-A, but GM Frank Wren said he could compete for a major league roster spot this spring.
    Congrats to this beast!! I cannot wait to see this guy sometime in '09.

MLB ERA

I hope they don't screw this up and call him up too soon. I'd much rather he stayed down in AAA a year or two to make sure we don't have a Phil Hughes or Felix Hernandez situation here
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

It's going to be hard to keep him away from the majors for too long. Burnett just signed with New York, and Smoltz is looking at other teams. Mike Hampton is gone. The Braves' rotation, at the moment, is a mess.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

An ATLien sighting??

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I say Tommy Hanson will pan out better than Bruce Chen did for the Braves.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

"This kid is going to be a No. 1 starter in Atlanta soon," Braves star Chipper Jones said. "There's no holding him back. Even if I had to go to a six-man rotation, I would do it, just to get this kid some experience and get him on his way."
    Nice endorsement!

MLB ERA

NL ROY candidate (depending when he is called up)?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It will be hard to beat Maybin in Florida or Rasmus in STL but if Hanson does in fact get called up, he will turn some heads and give them a run for their money.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Hanson will be starting in the AAA to start the season. We all saw this coming but hoped he could make the team out of spring training. If David Price isn't starting this season with the big league club, I guess neither should Hanson. Jo Jo Reyes will also start in the minors.

MLB ERA

I'm fine with Hanson starting at AAA. He has plenty of time in his young career to get to the show. With his talent I'm sure he will make an appearance this season or next season.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Definitely this season if Glavine breaks down again.

MLB ERA

It's hard to see him staying at AAA for too long. He put up some solid #s during the exhibition season.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Tommy Hanson fanned 10 over 4 1/3 scoreless innings in his Triple-A debut Thursday.
    Hanson did walk two, hit a batter and throw a wild pitch before being removed after 84 pitches. He just needs to throw a few more strikes, allowing him to work deeper into games, and he'll be ready for the majors.
    Not a bad debut for the beast! 10 of the 13 outs came via strikeout! That's dominance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast