Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hampton Hurt Again

MLB ERA

Braves Hampton Hurt Again

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    Mike Hampton was removed after 1 1/3 innings Friday because of a strained right groin.
    It's always going to be something. Hampton, who is trying to return after 2 1/2 years off with elbow troubles, injured a hamstring in his first winter ball appearance. He had a successful spring debut on Sunday, but he was pulled from his second outing after 38 pitches. This is looked at as a day-to-day injury, but it further illustrates why he can't be counted on.
    How many people saw it coming? I know I did. He might be day-to-day but something is going to happen. It's Mike Hamption.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Re: Hampton Hurt Again

Mr. Reliable goes down!? Does anyone know what his contract is off the top of there head?

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

12/09/00: Signed eight-year, $121 million contract w/2009 option. 2007: $14.5 million, 2008: $15 million, 2009: $20 million club option w/$6 million buyout, 2010: Free Agent
    A club option means the Braves don't have to keep him?
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

If they give him 6 mil they don't. I thought his contract was bad, but that is just ugly.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Really can't believe this one. Wow, shocking news.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Florida and NYM are still paying him.

That's the ONLY positive. This guy is worthless, and I'm a fan of his.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

That's not true. The Mets have not been paying him since 2000. He was a Free Agent and chose to go to the Colorado Rockies, they signed him to the contract, and they are the ones paying. In return, The Mets received a compensation draft pick and got David Wright. Looks like we came out ahead.

Sorry, Colorado and Florida then.

MLB ERA

Hampton has not pitched well since he was in Houston. Not sure what happened to him, he was once a well thought of pitcher.
    Maybe he could go to the AL where he could DH?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Hampton Hurt Again

why dont the Braves just release this waste of roster spot. i.e. Mark Prior.

I knew he would get hurt sooner that later. Sorry Braves fans. The Brewers have Ben Sheets as our injury-prone player.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    Sorry, Colorado and Florida then.
    Wrong again. Atlanta has been responsible for paying Hampton from 2006 to 2008. Colorado still owes only Hampton's $6M buyout in 2009.

Colorado to pay $49M ($20M signing bonus, $8M in 2001, $8.5M in 2002, $2M in 2003, $2M in 2004, $2.5M in 2005, $6M buyout in 2009).

Florida to pay $23.5M ($7M of 2003 salary, $8M in 2004, $8.5M in 2005).

Atlanta to pay $48.5M ($2M of 2003 salary, $2M in 2004, $1.5M in 2005, $13.5M in 2006, $14.5M in 2007, $15M in 2008).

MLB ERA

Well, whoever is paying him it's a waste. I would love to see Hampton come back and win 15 games but he just can't stay healthy.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I would like to see that too. I really enjoyed watching him pitch. He is a good athlete and love his competitiveness as well!!! He is a battler (sp. likes to battle). hahahaha....on my spelling that is.

MLB ERA

He is also a good bat as well. The #9 spot won't be so bad with him him their.

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Wrong again. Atlanta has been responsible for paying Hampton from 2006 to 2008. Colorado still owes only Hampton's $6M buyout in 2009.
    Sorry for not having the desire to research this.

At least declining his buy-out won't do us any harm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast