Thread: Should they trade for Teixeira?

MLB ERA

Rangers Should they trade for Teixeira?

Is it worth it?

MLB ERA

Re: Should they trade for Teixeira?

I guess the asking price is Salty, Andrus and/or pitching prospect (Harrison).

MLB ERA

No. We don't need to get rid of Harrison. They will need him down the road. Having his bat would be a plus but our offense is great already for a few exceptions. They need to get a vet pitcher without giving away the future.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Yeah I agree but prospects aren't a sure bet.

Remember Andy Marte was supposed to be untouchable and Chipper's replacement? He hasn't been able to stick in Cleveland, and is now on their AAA club.

The prospect I'm least looking forward to giving up is Elvis Andrus. He could be a nice transition after Renteria is no longer a Brave. A great defender.

Also Tex is signed for 2007 and 2008 and then he's a FA. That could be enough to make two big runs. Even though his agent is Boras, his salary could potentially offset Andruw Jones' current one.

MLB ERA

I haven't seen Andrus play but I have warmed up to Salty since his call up. They do need another bat but they need more importantly a starter.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Who did you have in mind?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien View Post
    Who did you have in mind?
    Someone for trading or someone to sign?

MLB ERA

A pitcher Atlanta could trade for

I agree that's a bigger need than a bat, but I don't really know of that many that teams are willing to trade.

MLB ERA

That is the problem. The market for a veteran starter is very slim right now.

I'll go ahead and say that getting Tex means Andruw is as good as gone next year. In my mind at least, losing Andruw and Salty and getting Texeira is worth it, assuming we keep Tex for more than a year.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic