Thread: Chipper sprains ankle, leaves game

MLB ERA

Chipper sprains ankle, leaves game

Quote Originally Posted by Braves.mlb.com
    JUPITER, Fla. -- Braves third baseman Chipper Jones sustained a sprained left ankle and was removed from Monday's game against the Cardinals at Roger Dean Stadium.
    Jones' status is "day to day," according to the club.

Jones hit a grounder to first base in the first inning but ran only part of the way down to the base on the play. He moved slowly back to the dugout, then did not emerge for the bottom of the first. Pete Orr took Jones' place at third base and in the No. 3 spot in the batting order.

Jones, 34, has battled injuries over the past several years. He hasn't played more than 137 games in a season since 2003. This spring, Jones is 4-for-18 (.222) with four walks, a run and two RBIs.
    Well, will Chipper ever be able to be healthy? Looks like he will be able to enjoy his lovely ranch in Texas sooner than later.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

that ain't good.
    2007 NL MVP AWARD WINNER: ANDRUW JONES

Rookie ERA
    It's time to look for the replacement.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Time to move his ass to first!