Thread: Hampton Hurt....Again

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Hampton Hurt....Again

Mike Hampton fell to the ground in pain after injuring his left side in batting practice Thursday. The Braves believe he either broke a rib or suffered a strained oblique.
    Either way, he's going to miss the start of the season. He was already behind this spring, but he was scheduled to make his debut in an inning Saturday. With Hampton out, it looks like both Kyle Davies and Lance Cormier will have rotation spots to begin the year. Maybe Matt Harrison could beat out one of the two with a truly impressive March. Oscar Villarreal is likely to be left in the pen.

X-rays on Mike Hampton's ribs have reportedly come back negative and the Braves believe he suffered a strained oblique.
    Given how long oblique injuries can linger, the busted ribs might have been better. Hampton is almost certainly ruled out for Opening Day and may instead be looking at a May return as the best-case scenario given that he has to both heal up his side and get his arm into pitching shape.
    Cormier in the rotation is a scary thought. Braves already have holes and this adds a new one.

MLB ERA
    When was Hampton not a hole in the rotation anyway?

MLB ERA
    Not good news for the Braves. I had a feeling something like this might happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    When was Hampton not a hole in the rotation anyway?
    When he is healthy thats when. Before he was injured back in '05.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    He should just retire already.

Rookie ERA
    When will Mike ever regain his health again?

Rookie ERA
    Well that is just great really, the season hasn't even started yet. Well hopefully he will get to play though the season though.