Thread: Brandon Webb

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Brandon Webb

Turned in a pretty solid performance today against the Reds on Opening Day. 6 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 4 BB, 6 K's. Had some trouble with his control but still pitched pretty well against a decent lineup in Cincinnati. I still don't think people realize just how good this guy is. The man won the Cy Young in 2006 and definitely could win it again this year. I won't be surprised if Webb and Haren are the best 1-2 punch in the NL this season. Yes, the Diamondbacks were a bit fluky last year, but Haren solidifies the pitching staff and the young lineup is sure to improve. I think Webb is on his way to an 18-win season or so and I think I will be seeing him pitch deep into the postseason.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Re: Brandon Webb

I agree with everything except the fluky part. Definitely not a fluke. However, I will admit I was very very surprised to hear they had the 2nd worst batting average in the MLB. But they got it done when it mattered. This is a very good team, with some great young players. And Webb and Haren ARE the best 1-2 punch in the NL this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Brandon Webb

The DBacks were definitely fluky last year, I'm not saying their players are bad but they had a NEGATIVE TWENTY run differential.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.