Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Seat Answers #84 - browntown653

MLB ERA

Hot Seat Answers #84 - browntown653

browntown653, your Hot Seat questions have been asked in this thread. You have up to 7 days in which to answer these questions, should you choose to do so. Once you have done that, please select the next Hot Seat participant. Thank you for participating. The next Hot Seat (#85) will begin on Friday, August 27th, or when you're done answering, whichever comes first.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Hot Seat Answers #84 - browntown653

Mofo:
    Why does Jim Rome (and numerous other radio hosts) insist on wasting air time in telling listeners what his producer and board op (who are not mic'ed up) are doing behind the scenes or their body language to him ragging on them? Memo to Rome: If your guy has a comment on sports or wants to give some love to his favorite team, fine, have him mic'ed and give him his moment. But stop with the useless shit like how your guy is gesturing that he wants to blow you after the show.

What a maroon.
    I’m fine with letting your board op or producer say something if they have a point to be made. But I agree, let them speak on the air. It doesn’t sound good when you as the host tell the people what your crew is doing, just let them speak themselves. It will sound a lot less stale for sure, you at least change up the voices for a bit.
    And if the guy wants to blow you after the show, then let the man tell the audience his desire, why don’t ya.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

BuckFoston:
    If you could go back and relive any moment you have experienced in your life time what would it be and why?
    That’s a great question. I’m really not sure. If I could relive any moment IN THE MOMENT – it would be the night the Giants won the Super Bowl. But if we’re talking about the present me going back in the moment, where I already know what happens…well, I can just watch the highlights. Now if I can go back and relive a moment as in redoing a moment…sophomore year of high school. The four grades in my high school compete in a competition called “Spirit Night” which is a series of games and contests between the grades. Huge amount of school pride on the line. Now one of the events is the scooter race, in which you are paired up with a girl, in this case my friend Kelly. You sit on one of those dumb little flat scooters from gym class and the girl pulls you from one side of the gym to the other, then vice versa. So we’re in the lead with the whole school going crazy and packing the gym, and it’s our turn, and you have to run backwards when you’re doing this as well. So I’m up and I’m running backwards probably a little too fast and I fall right over next to the finish line. I get up and with one arm pull Kelly across the line and we finish the event and win. But THEN…one of the judges tells me we’re disqualified, because you have to use both arms at all times. So we went from first place to 0 points for the event. We then lost to the seniors by one total point. So if we had just finished without a DQ, we would have won. And I was known as the kid who lost Spirit Night.
    But then we redeemed ourselves with wins the next two years, and won the scooter race both times, so I guess it wasn’t that bad. It was worth it to get some sweet redemption. So there you go, I just spent all my time writing that up and now I’m taking it back.

Do you enjoy outdoor activities? Such as camping.. Hiking.. Fishing.. Etc..
    Yes but I don’t get to do them much. I’ve actually never been camping and don’t go hiking or fishing that much. I didn’t even get to do that in Alaska because we didn’t have a car, so we had nowhere to go outside of the games.

What's one thing about Alaska that you have been surprised about? Good or bad. Do you enjoy Alaska or do you wish that you weren't there?
    I was surprised at how easily I was able to sleep. I figured it would be tough with the constant sun, especially since I had light yellow curtains, but it didn’t affect me that much. Alaska was great for the baseball experience, but really sucked otherwise. I have no desire to go back.

MLB ERA

Foster:
    Alaska has some nice outdoor parks and the what not. Did you manage to make it outside of Anchorage to visit such monuments of the environment?
    Nope. Not too many days off and as alluded before, the lack of a car really killed me. We were promised a car but didn’t get one for stupid reasons that I don’t want to go into. I would have loved to see Denali but all we did was drive by.

Does Dave Eiland really have that much power over AJ Burnett, that without him AJ is just a shell of his former self?
    I guess not, because AJ had reverted back to bad AJ recently. I couldn’t tell you what needs to be done with him – I think you just have to wait it out. I hate to just say “well, that’s AJ Burnett” but it really is – he can be great, or he can be awful. If you don’t get him straightened out by the end of the season, you still hopefully have CC/Hughes/Pettitte for the playoffs.

Whats the plan for the coming year at "Cuse"?
    Well, just moved into the house for good on Wednesday…we’ve got a 5 person house off campus which is very nice. The place burned down about 6 years ago which is actually good for us because it’s in pretty great shape. Cable and Internet just came in today as well. The plan for me personally is to try and build up the broadcast resume…I’ll be doing a lot of football and basketball play-by-play and traveling to Seattle, South Florida, Georgetown, Atlantic City, etc…should be an awesome year.

MLB ERA

Kingdom of Zito:
    1. Let's say you get to replace Bud Selig, but you have to complete 3 tasks in order to keep the job:

A) Which four teams do you contract, within reason?

B) Do you expand the use of instant replay, and if you do, what are the extensions?

C) You are given the opportunity to completely re-construct the format in which we vote on Hall of Famers. Do you continue to let journalists vote, do you let individuals actually in the Hall of Fame vote, do you come up with your own idea, or do you decided that only you will pick the Hall of Famers?
    A) Florida. For obvious reasons…nobody goes. Oakland. Sorry Prov. Pittsburgh. Nothing good to speak of there. Toronto. It’s in Canada…almost put Cleveland here though.
    Now we’re down to 26, and I will rearrange the leagues as such:
    AL East – Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, Orioles
    AL Central – Twins, White Sox, Royals, Indians, Tigers
    AL West – Angels, Mariners, Rangers, Diamondbacks
    NL East – Braves, Phillies, Mets, Nationals
    NL Central – Cardinals, Reds, Brewers, Cubs, Astros
    NL West – Padres, Giants, Dodgers, Rockies
    B) Yes. Fair or foul calls, out or safe calls. Has to be conclusive. Managers get one challenge per game.
    C) I’m stealing Bill James’s idea. An alternative voting system that would consist of five panels - one each for the media, the fans, the players, baseball executives and professionals, and what he calls "baseball scholars." Each panel would be able to nominate players individually, but for election a player would need the approval of four out of the five panels.

2. Yeah, I'm making you work on these questions. For 2011, top 5 most anticipated movies.. for yourself.
    Pirates 4 (I’m a sucker since the first one is my favorite movie. I know there’s a good sequel somewhere), Your Highness, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II, Cowboys and Aliens, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

3. I'm going to list 5 football players. Tell me if their past or current punishment was fair, not enough, or too much:

A) Donte Stallworth
    B) Plaxico Burress
    C) Ben Roethlisberger
    D) Matt Jones
    C) Brian Cushing
    A) Not. Even. Close.
    B) Way too much
    C) Fair
    D) Fair
    E) Fair

MLB ERA

DK:
    1. What's your twitter username?
    kevinnbrown. I never go on there. I update my radio station’s twitter (WAERSports) only.

2. Will you let me follow you on twitter?
    Sure!!!!!

3. Why so secretive?
    Why so Sirius? (Black)

MLB ERA

Tobywan:
    Do you and your buddies/GF ever go up to Onondaga Lake?
    Never have. I hear it’s a very nice place though, maybe we’ll go this year since there are 2 people with cars in the house.

Who was your favorite monster/villian when you were a "younger" kid.
    Hmm…I was big on all the Disney movies when I was a kid so it would have to be someone from there…although I also watched a lot of Looney Tunes. Does Elmer Fudd count as a villain? Because he technically is. Yosemite Sam, Wile E. Coyote…I loved all those guys. Scar from the Lion King was a great villain too, and Jafar from Aladdin.

What the f*** is so great about Katy Perry that she is all the media ever talks about?
    Bah. I tried to post a picture but it won't let me. So...boobs.

MLB ERA

cjkalt:
    1) Worst part about being a Yankees Fan
    Having to relive 2004. Bastard.

2) If you had to let one Yankee go after this year is it Derek Jeter or Mariano Rivera
    Wow. Outstanding question…maybe this is a stupid answer, especially considering he’s my 2nd favorite player of all time, but I’m taking away Jeter. My friend Tim said to me the day Mariano Rivera retires is the day the Yankee reign ends…and I couldn’t agree more. As good as Jeter is, I have to go with Mo. Maybe it’s stupid, but that’s my answer.

3) Best blooper from your summer job broadcasting games
    This conversation between my broadcast partner and I:
    Tim: “First pitch to Ryan Hege…lined down the left field line, deep…I can’t see it.”
    Me: “That’s a home run.”
    Tim: “I had no idea…thank you, I had no idea where the ball was.”
    Me: *hilarious laughter*
    Tim: “I’m being completely honest.”
    Me: “Well I’ll make the call then. It’s a home run! Tyler Ruch (the left fielder) didn’t move.”
    Tim: “That’s, and that’s, that’s what completely threw me off. The ball was rocketed off the bat and when nobody moved, I thought it went foul, but it was just so…crushed…”
    Me: “That’s a home run, Timmy. That’s four bases.”
    Tim: “So Tyler Ruch deciding not to take a step out of his position in left field. How bout that. It’s a good thing that wasn’t a game winning home run call.”

MLB ERA

HollywoodLeo:

1. Rank Green Day albums from best to worst (relative term, naturally). Also, name the best and worst song off each album.
    1) American Idiot. I never really listened to much music until 2004, I heard this and was blown away. So I got into Green Day kind of the reverse direction from everyone else. BEST: Jesus of Suburbia. Their magnum opus. WORST: Are We The Waiting. But still good.
    2) Dookie. Pop-punk perfection. BEST: Welcome to Paradise. Second favorite GD song. WORST: Sassafras Roots. Still enjoyable.
    3) 21st Century Breakdown. Nearly as epic as American Idiot. BEST: 21st Century Breakdown. Amazing opener. WORST: Restless Heart Syndrome. A poor man’s Boulevard of Broken Dreams.
    4) Nimrod. Barely over the next one. BEST: Nice Guys Finish Last, or Good Riddance. Can’t pick. WORST: Platypus (I Hate You). Strange.
    5) Insomniac. Badass album cover though. BEST: Walking Contradiction. Awesome video. WORST: Westbound Sign. Meh.
    6) Warning. Still very enjoyable. BEST: Minority. And even better live. WORST: Hold On. Cool harmonica though.
    7) Kerplunk. I like it, but not as much as some of the hardcore fans. BEST: 2000 Light Years Away. Love it. WORST: My Generation. Hate it.
    8) 39/Smooth. I’m tired. BEST: The Judge’s Daughter. WORST: Disappearing Boy.

2. What was more exciting? NY Giants Super Bowl victory or Yankees WS win?
    Giants Super Bowl victory...more exciting than all the Yankee World Series combined. And the Yanks are my favorite team, but this isn't even close because of the circumstances surrounding that game. I'll never have a greater sporting moment in my life and I accept that.

3. What's the best thing about Alaska? Worst?
    Best - the scenery. Absolutely breathtaking. Worst - being cut off from the rest of civilization. Just being 9 hours away from my home in general. Other than that, things move pretty slowly up there, and for somebody used to the quick pace of New York and the East Coast that can get annoying.

MLB ERA

BuckFoston, you're up.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

So, why Oakland? I can see Florida and Pittsburgh. I can see the funny in Toronto, but why Oakland?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Annual payroll less than $50 mil...attendance under 200,000 a game...they almost serve as a virtual farm system for the other teams at times. And a sometimes shaky stadium situation.

MLB ERA

Great job answering the questions man. Very interesting stuff.. Sounds good though. Lets do it.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Tobywan:
    Bah. I tried to post a picture but it won't let me. So...boobs.
    Believe it or not that 's the most understandable reason I have heard.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I rest my case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast