The Phillies signed a two-year deal with manager Charlie Manuel, the team announced. Manuel, who was already under contract for 2011, is now signed through 2013 on a two-year extension that is expected to be worth $7-8MM, according to Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com. Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. says Manuel has been "an integral part" of the team's recent success.

The Phillies are 544-428 since Manuel took over in 2005, best among National League teams during that period. Philadelphia has won four consecutive division titles (2007-10), two pennants (2008-09) and the 2008 World Series title under Manuel.

Manuel has four aces helping him bid for a fifth consecutive NL East title, but Chase Utley's injured right knee has dampened the mood in Clearwater.
Amaro Jr. received a four year extension after the wonderful job he has done winning two straight NL East titles, a NL pennant and the Cliff Lee sweepstakes. Manuel is making a lot of money and I am curious to know how much more he is making compared to the average MLB managerial salary. Both men have earned their extensions in my opinion and for once I see nothing Phillie fans can argue about Phillies fans can now focus on worrying about Utley and RF.